NX882 porpoising

Hi, looking to buy a NX882. I had the Tracker Avalanche, same boat but Fibreglass vs Aluminum. The Tracker was notorious for porpoising, and I just wondered if the NX882 has the same issue?

TIA

My buddy had a 2002 882 with Mercury 150 xr6. It ran pretty well. Mid 60’s fairly easy. Boat did not have noticeable porpoise.

it was a great rig for the money. We fished a ton out of it. It didn’t take the rough stuff well, but that’s really not it’s purpose.

3. Member
    Thank you, good to hear. I loved my Avalanche, except for the porpoising! So if the 882 doesn't have the same issue, that's great news!

4. Member
    Trimming motor while running eliminates porpising I have an 05 Nx882 with 150 xr6
    Dave

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ervin View Post
    Trimming motor while running eliminates porpising I have an 05 Nx882 with 150 xr6
    Dave
    With the Tracker Avalanche with a 150 XR6 there is no escaping the porpoising. Trim, weight adjustment, jack plate, hydrofoil, it just did it. I consider myself a good driver and have 20+ years in Bass boats in all types of water. I have read many many articles in BBC that state the same thing, the Avalanche porpoises. I just dont want to buy a NX882 if it's going to do the same thing to me.

6. Member
    I have a 2003 Nx882 with a 125 Merc and a hydrofoil. Hole shot is awesome and I can fine tune trim any porpoising out of it at any speed. Great "all around" boat in my opinion.

7. Member
    I had a 2001 882 for several years. Never had any issues with the boat porpoising. Was a great boat with a 150xr6, sometimes wish I still had it.

8. Member
    99 896 DC. More prone to porposing than others but you can learn to drive it. Ive been recommended a hydro foil, shifting weight, jack plate with correct prop... all im sure would help most situations. Still love the boat, planes easy and handle great.

9. Member
    My 882 does not porpose either. Most glass hulls do not porpose, if drivin correctly.
    And if it does...Usually it can be corrected on a bass hull.

The avalanche hull and bass hull are worlds apart..you will be fine.