Megabass Trick darter sinks?

Hi all,

got a gift card and ordered from Cabela’s so I bought a Megabass trick darter. Set it In the fish tank and sank straight to the bottom. Changed out the front split ring and it sank. Took the front hook out and it floated. Driving me crazy. Any suggestions? Should I just return it and get different bait or did I maybe get a bad one?

thanks in advance.

What is the WT in the fish tank? Try it in cold water (denser) see if it suspends, or slowly sinks. You could try changing out the front hook for a smaller hook or a finesse style treble.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdirocco View Post
    Hi all,

got a gift card and ordered from Cabela’s so I bought a Megabass trick darter. Set it In the fish tank and sank straight to the bottom. Changed out the front split ring and it sank. Took the front hook out and it floated. Driving me crazy. Any suggestions? Should I just return it and get different bait or did I maybe get a bad one?

thanks in advance.
    Tested 3 new ones in 50F water, all sank. That's not necessarily a bad thing...but was unexpected.

Decoy makes quality split rings down to 00 size. The size 1 split rings slowed down the fall rate a bit.