Thread: Mille Lacs

Banned

Mille Lacs

Planning a trip there in 2020. Whens the best time to go to catch monster smallies?

2. Member
    The day the season opens. They haven't seen a lure for a few months.

3. Banned
    When does it open?

4. Member
    Probably May 9th this year. Don't know for sure.

5. Member
    Season opens May 9th. You can catch giants all year on Mille lacs but obviously your pre-spawners and fall fish are going to give you the best chance at some absolute giants that are easier to find. If I were coming from out of state to fish I’d come anywhere between May 25 and June 20. Or if you’re looking to do a fall trip I’d do sometime in the first 3 weeks of October.
    2016 Phoenix 921 ProXP
    2016 Mercury 250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by Cooker11 View Post
    Season opens May 9th. You can catch giants all year on Mille lacs but obviously your pre-spawners and fall fish are going to give you the best chance at some absolute giants that are easier to find. If I were coming from out of state to fish I’d come anywhere between May 25 and June 20. Or if you’re looking to do a fall trip I’d do sometime in the first 3 weeks of October.
    this is spot on.

Agree with Cooker, unfortunately not the nicest weather. Last week of May & First week of June typical have a nice mix of high spawn activity and good weather.

Kind of depends on your definition of Monster smallie. The times late out are best shot at 6lb+

Anytime is a good time to catch 4lbrs, specifically end of May into early June.