Wind protection XB21 vs Prosport 21

I currently own a XB2003. When the time is right I am gonna make the jump to a 21' model. I went fishing with a friend of mine yesterday in his Phoenix 21' boat single console. I felt like I had been riding on the hood of a truck down the interstate at 70+ mph all day. While the boat fished great and rode good I realized how much I liked my wind protection. I really thought that I would be OK making the jump to a regular bass boat when push came to shove but, this changed my mind. So, with that said How does the wind protection in a XB-21 Bassport Pro compare to that of the regular XB-21 Prosport center console? Thanks

The 2 seater has pretty good wind protection.. Not as good as your 03 but it is not bad at all. I have owned both,,, Cant speak on the center console 21

I would think the center console prosport is as goodor better than my 2003. The bassport pro has a more appealing layout for fishing but, I cant handle sitting on the hood of a truck running 70+ down the highway. If there is a big difference between the bassport and a regular bass boat I would be good. But, cant handle that wind in a regular bassboat even with the console on them. They offer little to no wind protection. Guess I am spoiled and didn't realize it.

4. Member
    2 seater had worst wind protection in my opinion. Sitting lower in my 2+2 is better but nothing compares To prosport or 2003.

Also note Allison has “tall winter windshields” available for 2+2 and 2 seater if you need great protection.

Granted my new Bassport has better protection than any dual console boat I've been in. Howver it's not in the same league for the full protection of my Prosport. I'm already missing that full protection for winter fishing. I've installed the taller windshields and working on a removable plexiglass piece to put between the consoles for those long cold early morning runs.
    But LOVING the bigger deck, the storage, rod access and all-round fishability of the new one.

We are running all 3 right now in Texas (Prosport, 2+2, and 2 seater). I took a top view of all 3 next to each other today. I will post it at some point. I'm always impressed in the 2 seater and 2+2 how much protection you do get. It isn't Prosport level, but it's way better than most traditional bass boats. I fished next to Tim's new Blue boat all day and man did I want the "fish-ability".
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

7. Member
    I love my wind protection...
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mgeod View Post
    The 2 seater has pretty good wind protection.. Not as good as your 03 but it is not bad at all. I have owned both,,, Cant speak on the center console 21
    I'll second this. Also, I'll throw out an idea. On my 2+2. I feel the wind mostly around my shoulders. I would think a wider windscreen would help the situation, but it can't be a fixed extension without hindering access to the front deck. I had a goldwing years ago with "wind wings" that were adjustable and managed airflow ln both warm and cold conditions. Here is a video Take a look at the concept and all you DIYers go design and market one that fits our boats. Have fun.
    Last edited by motobuffy; 12-30-2019 at 01:30 PM.

thanks for sharing ^^
    really got my DIY motor running now..

10. Member
    I own both. The Bassport is pretty good but the Prosport is awesome especially in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by eddie8597 View Post
    I own both. The Bassport is pretty good but the Prosport is awesome especially in the winter.
    I've spoken to Nancy more than once about getting Darris to make me one with the prosport console pushed back to where the bassport is...
    A two seat prosport with a big front deck and protection.
    She just laughs..

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    I've spoken to Nancy more than once about getting Darris to make me one with the prosport console pushed back to where the bassport is...
    A two seat prosport with a big front deck and protection.
    She just laughs..
    He is probably too busy working on the 24 foot Grand Sport........................LOL

13. Happiness is a Sporty! F150owner's Avatar
    The ProSport wind protection is so good, you'll burn up in the summer. I mean, you'll have to stick your head out into the air stream to get air to cool off, it's that good. My 2+2 is good as that little clear windscreen diverts alot of air. I can wear my cap at 75 mph and it not get sucked off.

Allison XB21 2+2, Merc 250 ProXS, 1.62 Sportmaster, Hydromotive Engineering X-OB 29
    Excel 1751 Viper F4, Tohatsu 50 4-stroke, EZ-Trac trailer
    FeelFree Lure 11.5 Kayak

Quote Originally Posted by F150owner View Post
    The ProSport wind protection is so good, you'll burn up in the summer. I mean, you'll have to stick your head out into the air stream to get air to cool off, it's that good. My 2+2 is good as that little clear windscreen diverts alot of air. I can wear my cap at 75 mph and it not get sucked off.
    LOL...……..I open the front hatch on my 2003 in long idle only zones around here in the summer to get some air flow.

Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    LOL...……..I open the front hatch on my 2003 in long idle only zones around here in the summer to get some air flow.
    I'm getting picky in my old age. Once it starts getting that hot...………......………….I stay home; wait till fall and all the water sports folks go home.

16. BBC SPONSOR
    Nothing beats the Prosport for protection but them again nothing beats the 2 seater at fishin. Its all give and take.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0