Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Orochi XXX Destruction or P5 Tequilla Baccarac. Both are 7fter's and come with lots of power, I know some people like the faust in the megabass line too.

A dobyns 736 champ works well for me for long distance frogging over big pad fields

for closer quarters, precise placement , and particularly with a popping style frog I am partial to my gen 1's megabass perfect pitches.
    Last edited by white gambler; 10-17-2021 at 10:47 AM. Reason: wrote 735 by mistake
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

3. Member
    If you can find one, the Daiwa Steez XBD (STZ741XHFBA-XBD) is still the "king".

4. Member
    I have the Steez XBD frog rod and I think it is great for heavier frogs and heavy vegetation. It is not the greatest for lighter frogs though.
    Therefor i was looking for a more all-around capable frog rod.
    I looked also at the Expride 7'3XH. I am honestly baffled why so many (including tactical bassin) recommend this rod for that technique. The rod is heavier than most rods in that length and power. Is tip heavy and has not enough tip to walk a frog.

So, what did i end up with? A Dobyns Champion Extreme 746c.
    It has a shorter rod butt, is very well balanced, has a great soft tip and is still a workhorse for heavy cover. And you can get it for 280USD shipped and comes with a great warranty.
    It is a total winner in my books.

^^that rod is a great heavy cover jig-plastics rod also
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

I just had a buddy give me a Lew's Speed Stick Lite HM85 7'4" Heavy Mag Pitch 1/2 - 2oz. That thing is a meat stick for sure , long cast in heavy cover will not be a problem. I've got a og Tatula , with the aluminum side plate ,on it.
    Last edited by JohnD.; 10-22-2021 at 08:10 PM. Reason: typo

7. Member
    This will sound crazy but the Daiwa Kage 7'9" MHRB umbrella rig rod is a great frog rod. I have been using one for a few months and just added another. Good casting action. Tip is forgiving and the blank handles a heavy load. It's also the best Rig rod I've ever laid hands on.

8. Member
    love my perfect pitch for frog fishing. No issues getting fish out of the grass on Guntersville and Chickamauga

9. Member
    ALX Toadface!!! it has the perfect action for walking a frog. Just enough tip so that you don't rip the fishes mouth to shreds and enough back bone to hull them in. I also like the shorter handle. A long handle gets in the way when you're working the frog. The Toadface is just right!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123