Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Another vote for the alx toadface

2. Member
    I had Alex build a Toad Face for me. Since it's not a broom stick in the tip it's more versitie for like a swim jig, heavy spinnerbait, ect.

3. Member
    The steez ags 7'4 is completely awesome. I do have the tatula elites a step below that rod for sure, but it's tighter than it should be for the money difference. Those are my two favorites

4. Member
    Duckett terex Dean Rojas frog rod. 7' heavy with a soft tip. Also makes a great pitching rod or heavy football jig. Can be had for $100. Non micro guides
    2017 Z18
    175 ProXS
    Dual Poles
    Ultrex
    2 Garmin 93SV+

5. Member
    I really like my Alpha Angler Zilla personally :)

6. Member
    As you can by the dozens of responses there is no “best” anything on the market. It is all subjective and like anything else you will find opinions widely differ. Practically every brand will have something that would suffice as a frog rod in them product offerings. The difference between most of what has been mentioned is splitting hairs on little things like full vs split grips, warranty, cosmetics, blank etc. You don’t need a $250-500 rod for frogs. There is no feel required. I have a MB PP, The Toadface, a Savvy 735, and a Custom MHX Hi Mod 874. They are all great frog rods that will get the job done. None are really night and day better.

7. Member
    7'4 daiwa tatula/steez ags, whichever you can afford

8. Member
    ALX Toadface

9. Member
    Don't know if it's the best because i havent tried them all yet but really like the Shimano Expride A series and the Phenix Feather rods.
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

10. Member
    Toadface. Love it so much that I have 3

11. Member
    I throw a frog legitimately 60 percent of my fishing. I'd reccomend a fitzgerald 7'3 heavy stunner for target casting and slop fishing. I also love the 7'6 okeechobee rod. Not the lightest rods. But they are about the toughest I've found for Florida froggin.

12. Member
    So far I have had excellent frogging success with an Abu Veritas 7'3" MH. It is soft enough I do not pull it away from them and has had no problem pulling them out of super thick stuff. Have been using them for my frogs for the past 6 years or so. Just seems to work for me. Tried a heavy rod but missed too many. I use this rod for all my topwater actually. Keeps me consistent And the affordability is a definite plus! Good luck!

13. Member
    I use a Megabass Orochi XX Braillist. Worked good this year.

14. Member
    If youre looking for a little value i frog with a 13 omen black 7’1” h. Pretty decent rod for the$

15. Member
    There is really no "best frog rod" as there are many different rods that people use successfully. For example, I still prefer a 6 1/2' heavy action rod because I can target cast or launch the bait if I need to and I use straight braid for all my frogging. Most people prefer a longer rod, something in the 7' to 7'6 range and most use braid or a braid w leader. I'm not a fan of Duckett rods, but the rod you have was designed and used by one of the best frog fisherman in the game, so it should be a good rod for that application. Some people feel that a really stiff rod will help improve hook sets but most frogs are not real heavy so you need some tip action to cast them. Although price is not a factor, I don't think a real expensive rod is going to be any better than a good $100 rod with the right action for fishing frogs.

16. Member
    DON'T overlook the Okuma Scott Martin TCS 7'3" Heavy. It is a SWEET rod that can do many things VERY well. It is a fast but it does have a really nice bend when you load on it. AND its on closeout at TW currently.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

17. Member
    Mark Perry - what brand line and # do you use for frogs on your Megabass Orochi XX Perfect Pitch rod?

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeH View Post
    Mark Perry - what brand line and # do you use for frogs on your Megabass Orochi XX Perfect Pitch rod?
    50lb Daiwa J Braid Grand 8X most of the time. Occasionally 65lb.

19. Member
    If you want to go the custom route look at the Phenix UMBX-700XH - B

20. Member
    Expride 7' 3" XH hands down
    Troll lightly and carry a big flippin stick!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast