Thread: Mustards

Mustards

My PSA for today. If you like a strong horseradishy based mustard give Colemans a try. Sheww buddy this stuff will open the sinuses like no ones business. Have enjoyed it on a bit of prime rib recently.

I grew up with Webers. Good stuff. I have the folks from Buffalo send me some every year. I’ve taken to mixing the horseradish in with stuff I get here. Will look that up and see if it’s sold nearby.

Ever grate fresh HR? When I was a kid my grandfather gave me the task of grating the HR. Tip: Pray for a breeze and be upwind.

I grow some and it’s good.
    Last edited by fr8dog; 12-28-2019 at 07:43 PM.

3. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Mustard bbq sauce is sooo good.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fr8dog View Post
    I grew up with Webers. Good stuff. I have the folks from Buffalo send me some every year. I’ve taken to mixing the horseradish in with stuff I get here. Will look that up and see if it’s sold nearby.

Ever grate fresh HR? When I was a kid my grandfather gave me the task of grating the HR. Tip: Pray for a breeze and be upwind.

I have not grated fresh but have been meaning to. Ill have to lookup growing it as I have a garden most years so it wouldnt be bad to grow some. No clue how you even grow it though.

5. Member

Ohhh forgot to add that I bought it from Amazon.

Try Great Value Hot Southwest Mustard from Walmart.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

7. Member
    X2 on the Webers and also check out Chiavetta's Sauce especially for BBQ Chicken.

https://www.amazon.com/Buffalos-Own-...65598398&psc=1

Just ran out of Chiavetta’s again.

9. Member
    Somewhat on thread.. We tried putting yellow mustard on ribs prior to rub. The one that we tested was noticeable more juicy and did not have any mustard taste. Will do again.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdye View Post
    Somewhat on thread.. We tried putting yellow mustard on ribs prior to rub. The one that we tested was noticeable more juicy and did not have any mustard taste. Will do again.
    I have done this when cooking a Boston Butt.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

11. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar

Growing up we grated our own every year, definitely will open up your sinuses. But having it fresh was great. Wish we still had the plants
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9