Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Duck Season's A Wrap...

For me anyway!

I'm not much of a picture taker, but I did acquire a few I thought i'd share. It took a little more work to stay on birds, but it was another great season across several states! Big moves found ducks, small moves killed ducks.

Some scenery...

2. Member
    High and dry...not good!

3. Member

4. Member

5. Member

6. Member

7. Member

8. Member
    WOW congrats...thats more birds than we killed the last 4 or 5 years. But then again,we haven't had that kind of weather either. At least during season. That said, I was blessed to have hunted Catahoula Lake in the late 50s and early 60s with the sky covered on a flight day. So I'm not griping. BTW pictures are good.

You should blow up and frame that first picture.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TomzRanger View Post
    WOW congrats...thats more birds than we killed the last 4 or 5 years. But then again,we haven't had that kind of weather either. At least during season. That said, I was blessed to have hunted Catahoula Lake in the late 50s and early 60s with the sky covered on a flight day. So I'm not griping. BTW pictures are good.
    Thank you sir! It was a good season. We had excellent conditions most of it...which always helps. There's only about 8 or 9 days of roughly 60 pictured above...I don't hunt with the "picture takers" that often. But, they do slow me down enough to take the time to capture the moment once in a while.

Cathoula...that is one place i've always wanted to hunt! Someday i'll hook up the boat and drive past Arkansas and go there. Hopefully, they settle the political issues surrounding that area sooner than later.
    Last edited by RFeyoMN; 12-28-2019 at 02:08 PM.

11. Member
    Nice rig and great pics from a good season.
    Glad you had a good season. Ours is just getting going down here in Oklahoma.
    I like the look of that duck boat. How does it handle rough water?
    what type motor are you running?
    i am thinking of traveling central flyway next year.
    I am retired and looking to devote major time to some serious hunting and fishing.

12. Member
    The Havoc is mine, it's an MSTC 1753 with a Mud Buddy 37 HDR. The other boat is an Uncle J 1848 with a Mud Buddy 35 HD Sport.

Both boats handle rougher water well. Experienced drivers is a big part of it. But they do have their limitations...I haven't had to stay on the trailer yet, but it's possible. I don't really push my luck anymore. I'm very likely to drive the truck to another access to avoid nasty situations if possible.
    Last edited by RFeyoMN; 12-28-2019 at 08:25 PM.

13. T Dub
    Great pics. I haven’t had ducks or scenery yet this season

14. Member
    Those are some great pics and it looks like you had a great season congrats.....

15. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Nothing wrong with the photography skills... OR the duck season it appears you had.

Congrats on both.
    Who controls John Gill?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by A Wood View Post
    Those are some great pics and it looks like you had a great season congrats.....
    This!

17. Member
    Dammit man what pics and a great season. We are looking to have another chitty year again..........................................
    1997 STRATOS 285 PE EVINRUDE INTRUDER 175

GREAT pics

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TomzRanger View Post
    I mentioned how i've always wanted to hunt Catahoula...well...this kinda sucks!

https://www.kalb.com/content/news/LA...567428551.html

20. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Public access vs. private landowner rights are a major issue in LA...

Fishing access throughout the Delta is a GIANT flustercuck… B.A.S.S. will not return there for that very reason.
    Who controls John Gill?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast