Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well yeah but having more money to actually fish goes a long way for me. Yes a new boat does smell and look good. But a new sonar on an already loaded boat has the same effect
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

2. Member
    If I only made rational decisions I would have only 1 ex wife

3. Member
    Only 1 ex? Rookie! Lol
    2020 BassCat Cougar FTD SP
    2020 250 Pro SX
    #Denalirods #Powerpole
    #PowerhouseLithium
    #Powerpole Move

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by angleiron View Post
    I could buy any model I wanted...and I went with the Classic. I don't need all of the bells and whistles, and when my boat comes it will be one of the most loaded out Classics on the planet but $25K less than the Caracal with the same electronics, options, etc. There is NOTHING on a boat to me that is worth the extra $25K. As for the difference is size/storage is not worth the extra money to me? I have never loaded a boat with so much tackle that I can't even remember what is in the boat...so a 19'-6" hull that is just a few inches in width that will be powered by a 200 HO is the perfect boat for me. \

Get the upgraded options for the trailer, the resins for the hull, and you are set.
    That's similar to my experience. I'm upgrading everything from trolling motor to graphs, trailer, dual console, etc and the price difference with tax, etc was around 20K for a similar Caracal. I just couldn't justify it as a weekend fisherman.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle View Post
    Only 1 ex? Rookie! Lol

6. Member
    On my 3rd.
    If this one fails I will just go gay. To quote Seinfeld, "Not that there's anything wrong with that."
    LOL....

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoomworms View Post
    Ha! Me too. Although I finally figured it out. Been 18 years with my wife. Had a personalized license plate that read HATRICK. I sure don’t want the grand slam!
    2020 BassCat Cougar FTD SP
    2020 250 Pro SX
    #Denalirods #Powerpole
    #PowerhouseLithium
    #Powerpole Move

8. Member
    Im thinking about going from a 04 cougar to a 2019-20 classic myself. I really dont need all the bells and whistles myself. My only concern is the 30 gallon tank and what kind of range does this model have. I love the layout of the Classic!! Thanks Hammy

9. Scraps
    I would fight this one, bad. If you're anything like me and every other guy on here it's the allure of the newer stuff. I have plans of upgrading to the Ghost, soon on my 2017 (actually ordered in 2016). So adding the Ghost plus the one new finder compatible with the motor will total about $4k. So it almost seems like why not just buy new with the newest, greatest troller and the newest, neatest outboard rather than pouring another $4k in a four season old boat. But then the true math, I'd be throwing away almost four years of payments on the 2016, buying something at at least $8k more than my original loan, and that additional $4k for the Ghost would go to some of the tax on the new rig. This is of course nonsensical talk if purchasing with cash. Upgrading seems like a better financial choice. I love the looks and fishability of the Caracal. Be careful too when adding all the stuff yo ant to the Classic and what the end price really is.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammy19 View Post
    Im thinking about going from a 04 cougar to a 2019-20 classic myself. I really dont need all the bells and whistles myself. My only concern is the 30 gallon tank and what kind of range does this model have. I love the layout of the Classic!! Thanks Hammy
    Both the Classic and P2 are fairly fuel efficient rigs. 30 gallons will get you about 150 miles if you are cruising about 50 mph. If you have a really heavy foot, then, obviously about a third less.

As far as price, a comparably optioned Caracal is about 12-15k more than the Classic, but, will also have a few more bells and whistles that the premium models bring along. It is not 25k more.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

11. Member
    There was a aerial picture of the different models all together, anyone have a link to it?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    Both the Classic and P2 are fairly fuel efficient rigs. 30 gallons will get you about 150 miles if you are cruising about 50 mph. If you have a really heavy foot, then, obviously about a third less.

As far as price, a comparably optioned Caracal is about 12-15k more than the Classic, but, will also have a few more bells and whistles that the premium models bring along. It is not 25k more.
    Yes sir fully aware of the extra equipment. I actually like the classic alot better than a P2. The beam being carried foward and the storage on the classic just suits me personally..

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammy19 View Post
    Yes sir fully aware of the extra equipment. I actually like the classic alot better than a P2. The beam being carried foward and the storage on the classic just suits me personally..
    I considered the P2 Special Package as well, but chose the Classic for the same reasons that you highlighted.

14. Member
    Thanks for all the input, I decided to sell it and order a new one. It listed today in the boats for sale section.

15. Member

A dealer close to me has a 2020 P classic. And a 2020 Caracal. Caracal has poles. Classic does not. About the only difference in them. P classic is 52k. Caracal is 79k. It is about a 25k difference lol

16. Member

Qustion: What "bells and whistle" does the Premium boats have that a P Classic will not? I'm not talking about electronics, poles, TM, or other accessories made by other manufactures. I'm talking about BCB boat specific stuff. I know the resin is one difference. What are the others?

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AggieBass View Post
    Qustion: What "bells and whistle" does the Premium boats have that a P Classic will not? I'm not talking about electronics, poles, TM, or other accessories made by other manufactures. I'm talking about BCB boat specific stuff. I know the resin is one difference. What are the others?
    From just looking at them in person. The premium boats have better latches. And an upgraded livewell system. Better seats, upgraded trailer. And of course the VE resin which you can upgrade on the classic. The livewells and seats on a classic cannot be upgraded and I'm not sure if you csn get the better latches in a classic either. I'm sure I'm overlooking other details but off the top of my head that's some major differences in the classic to the premium models

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AggieBass View Post
    The premium boats are also offered with removeable passenger consoles. P Classics will be a permanent install. P Classic cap is only offered in white. Live well pump in-pump out systems are different. No lights in lockers. No onboard battery charger. No push button deck or console lights. Single master switch in cockpit. Premium has an additional breaker/cutoff in bilge. Plastic cupholders vs Stainless in the premium. Non-Tilt steering. Premium boats have Torque-Flex axles. P Classic has leaf Springs (though I could be wrong on this). Some of the differences listed can be optioned on the Classic, some can not.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Quote Originally Posted by Zoomworms View Post
    There was a aerial picture of the different models all together, anyone have a link to it?
    https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/bass...al-t37821.html

I've looked for that image before and can never find it... I want to say it was published around the 2018 dealer meeting. They do compare sizes of the premium boats in the eyra video on you tube. Heres a pic of that I screen shotted. And above a link to the width specs.

bcbmodels.jpg
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12