Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    And the second the ultrex came out, there were problems with the pedals having board issues. Maybe ultrex guys should quit hijacking Lowrance threads if they don’t want their feelings hurt. Every Lowrance might fall apart after 100 uses, but for now, there’s nothing ultrex owners can even think about saying negative against the ghost. Where is that goober BassResources guy with his “ohhhhh look how loud the Lowrance TM is”...that guy is a clown.

#gamechanger
    I don't think you always have to bash something to be a fan of something else. Maybe it's nice to have a choice and now people can choose the trolling motor that works with their choice of electronics. Everyone wins. Besides, Minn Kota blazed the trail and most are happy that they did. Maybe if the Ghost came out a few years earlier there would have been more issues. We'll never know.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by db220 View Post
    I don't think you always have to bash something to be a fan of something else. Maybe it's nice to have a choice and now people can choose the trolling motor that works with their choice of electronics. Everyone wins. Besides, Minn Kota blazed the trail and most are happy that they did. Maybe if the Ghost came out a few years earlier there would have been more issues. We'll never know.

Oh believe me, I’m super happy that MK is forward thinking on the technology front. Like I mentioned earlier in the post, their next version is going to be awesome, because they’ll up what they are currently doing. Problem will be, guys complaining about the cost.

3. Member
    Oh believe me, I’m super happy that MK is forward thinking on the technology front. Like I mentioned earlier in the post, their next version is going to be awesome, because they’ll up what they are currently doing. Problem will be, guys complaining about the cost.
    I think you're correct on both points.

And the second the ultrex came out, there were problems with the pedals having board issues. Maybe ultrex guys should quit hijacking Lowrance threads if they don’t want their feelings hurt. Every Lowrance might fall apart after 100 uses, but for now, there’s nothing ultrex owners can even think about saying negative against the ghost. Where is that goober BassResources guy with his “ohhhhh look how loud the Lowrance TM is”...that guy is a clown.

#gamechanger
    Dang, I thought this was a trolling motor forum?! Perhaps Lowrance slappies should stick to a Lowrance forum ?

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

#gamechanger
    yes they had issues with cables as well. They also sold 10’s of thousands. How many ghost trolling motors are in the field now? Hundreds? You can expect issues with them as well once more people have them. Then you get to deal with lowrance customer service.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InternationalMarine Brian View Post
    yes they had issues with cables as well. They also sold 10’s of thousands. How many ghost trolling motors are in the field now? Hundreds? You can expect issues with them as well once more people have them. Then you get to deal with lowrance customer service.
    ^^^This^^^

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ring fry View Post
    ^^^This^^^

SE Kansas grass grower

Has garmin replaced that defective motor in the link I posted above? If Lowrance has allegedly only sold “hundreds”, the Garmin has sold “tens”.

Here in case you missed it.

It’s OK, you guys can like your loud, jerky, clanky plastic bushing wearing out in the mount every year ultrex. I’ll take my gamble on this quiet and smooth turning, awesome trolling motor that also weighs less than the ultrex. I’ve been hearing this bad customer service thing for years, odd thing though, of the 7 graphs I’ve owned, I haven’t ever needed customer service.

See what happens when you troll, feelings get hurt. #gamechanger
    Last edited by grout-scout; 12-29-2019 at 04:36 PM.

8. Member
    Yea and my daddy can beat up your daddy

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nsd22002 View Post
    Yea and my daddy can beat up your daddy

yeah and my mom can run faster.

Hey, what part fell off of yours? Was it the plastic piece at the front of the mount, the piece that is typically angled? I was staring at mine, trying to see what could fall off.

10. Member
    yeah and my mom can run faster.

Hey, what part fell off of yours? Was it the plastic piece at the front of the mount, the piece that is typically angled? I was staring at mine, trying to see what could fall off.
    Yea front piece on base triangle shaped. Just check bolts. Mine were stripped. On that note I'll tell everyone about my experience on lowrance customer service. No questions asked they didn't send that piece....they sent me a new entire base. They've been very good to deal with

11. Banned
    I was wondering if you had to take it someplace or if they mailed it. I need to find out where my nearest service center is, since I probably jinxed myself. Lol

12. Member
    Mailed it to me

13. Member
    Checked out the Ultrex and Ghost at ICAST this year. I ended up buying the Ghost as my preliminary assessment was the Ghost was significantly better built. Only time will tell but the Ghost is great so far and I don't miss the clanky MK bracket.

14. Banned
    BEEP BEEP BEEP, we interrupt this thread with a special announcement...it has been reported that a ghost purchaser has a “squeak” on his new motor!

15. Member
    And away we go

16. Member
    As a new ghost owner myself, I really like the unit itself. Built like a tank, very sturdy and durable. No wires to wrap around the head when you turn. Minimal noise. 24 or 36 volt whichever you like. And this thing will flat fly with just 24 volt, helping you to eliminate weight from the back of the boat. Hence being able to run with only 2 trolling batteries. I fished sunup to sun down the other day, and my batteries were still showing charged when I hooked them up that night. My MG would have ran down by 4:00 completely. Overall, other than buying a new boat, this so far has been one of my best purchases to help out with my fishing.

17. Banned
    Sleep easy my friends, it’s turns out that the “squeak” in the video posted was just normal noise. Return back to your normal lowrance customer service bashing, nothing to see at this time.

Has garmin replaced that defective motor in the link I posted above? If Lowrance has allegedly only sold “hundreds”, the Garmin has sold “tens”.

Here in case you missed it.

It’s OK, you guys can like your loud, jerky, clanky plastic bushing wearing out in the mount every year ultrex. I’ll take my gamble on this quiet and smooth turning, awesome trolling motor that also weighs less than the ultrex. I’ve been hearing this bad customer service thing for years, odd thing though, of the 7 graphs I’ve owned, I haven’t ever needed customer service.

See what happens when you troll, feelings get hurt. #gamechanger

I don’t own any of them so I have no preference either way. I’m simply saying you seem to be banging on your chest pretty early for a non proven product.

19. Member
    Sleep easy my friends, it’s turns out that the “squeak” in the video posted was just normal noise. Return back to your normal lowrance customer service bashing, nothing to see at this time.
    I guess everyone's experience is different with lowrance. I've had nothing but positive things in my recent experience. After I told them about piece breaking the lowrance rep called me yesterday and asked me what happened. I explained what happened and 2 mins later he said I'll get another Ghost out to u ASAP. So don't know how it would get any better but I know everyone's experience is different. So to say their customer service is no good is just no true at all.

20. Banned
    I don’t own any of them so I have no preference either way. I’m simply saying you seem to be banging on your chest pretty early for a non proven product.

I’m just doing in return to the Hbird/MK guys, what they do in every Lowrance thread. Review any ghost thread and it’s guys saying “oh I’m not giving up my ultrex blah blah blah” or “lowrance customer service sucks blah blah blah”. It gets old right, hearing the same crap over & over. Here’s a thought that would make the Internet world better, if you aren’t interested in purchasing a product, then don’t open the threads about it and proceed to “throw shade” (learned that from the lounge, apparently it’s the hip thing to say now). Some of you guys are just laying in wait for an issue to pop up, so you can say, “told you so”. It’s a bit humorous and pathetic at the same time.

We have a simple review from a member and guys have to belittle his choice of words, it’s ridiculous. I want to read reviews from real owners, not pro-staff guys and belittling people keeps others from posting their reviews.

Now I do have a concern that crossed my mind the other day, after I had a wave come over the front of my boat. The foot pedal...it has an awful lot of electrical components in it. What happens when I have a wave fill up my TM tray???
    Last edited by grout-scout; 01-01-2020 at 01:07 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast