Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Would you consider that a “game changer”???
    I do not own an Ultrex. Yes, I was thinking about one but now that a Lowrance friendly trolling motor has came out I am definately going the route of the Ghost. The Gmae Changer is full integration with Lowrance electronics.

2. Banned
    So how quite is it while moving? How quite and smooth the motor runs means the most to me.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    So how quite is it while moving? How quite and smooth the motor runs means the most to me.
    On high it pulls my 19' at 2.8 mph on smooth water, no wind, 2 big guys, and fully loaded with 48 gallons of fuel and gear. Only thing I hear is the boat moving through water from the motor. The head unit sounds a bit like a whirring motor, but it is not loud and after a bit, you do not even notice it.

4. Member
    I am sure is saves money only having one model. I have been fishing a long time. When I went 36 I never found a reason to go back to 24. I have had MG and MK. Both were good. Have MK currently and all the features and interactive map is what I expect at this time. Will see how it goes but I have been burned by " the newest thing before". I will wait a couple years before I pronounce it good or bad. I like the fact the rest are trying now. Good luck with yours. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

5. Member
    I've had my Ghost for about a month now and I've had nothing but trouble with it. Had front piece on the base just fall off in water...screws and all. Threads were stripped from factory after looking at it. Had the metal piece that holds the silver latch for locking/unlocking to stow/deploy break in half. On good note they have been easy to deal with on warranty issues. So I'm still up in the air right now on the Ghost. Now I understand that every brand will have issues with units so I'm not one to say it's a piece of crap since I've had some trouble.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nsd22002 View Post
    I've had my Ghost for about a month now and I've had nothing but trouble with it. Had front piece on the base just fall off in water...screws and all. Threads were stripped from factory after looking at it. Had the metal piece that holds the silver latch for locking/unlocking to stow/deploy break in half. On good note they have been easy to deal with on warranty issues. So I'm still up in the air right now on the Ghost. Now I understand that every brand will have issues with units so I'm not one to say it's a piece of crap since I've had some trouble.

Sounds like yours got dropped or smashed, first complaint I’ve read on one.

Quote Originally Posted by nsd22002 View Post
    “Game Changer”

Sorry for your problems.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

8. Member
    Sounds like yours got dropped or smashed, first complaint I’ve read on one.
    And I believe you'll hear more as more people buy them just like when the Ultrex came out.

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator

How about having the ability to choose a 24v or 36v system from the same TM, game changer?
    yes it was.....for Garmin with the force. First to market w the technology gets the title "game changer"...sorry lowrance. Hence the i cast win for Garmin. Now Power Poles new motor will be "a game changer".

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by db220 View Post
    And I believe you'll hear more as more people buy them just like when the Ultrex came out.
    Likely. Have to expect issues with so many electrical components in these trollers today.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

11. Member
    I think a good part of the issues, especially the newer tech is the situation where many do not use the documentation available. Install is very important. Operation requires lots of time on the water or a thorough understanding of the text. There are very few things that are common sense or figure it out on the fly stuff anymore. Bob

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    yes it was.....for Garmin with the force. First to market w the technology gets the title "game changer"...sorry lowrance. Hence the i cast win for Garmin. Now Power Poles new motor will be "a game changer".

We’ll all be dead before PP releases their TM. But if we do live long enough to see it, I imagine it will be awesome.

Heres a Garmin “game changer”, second video, this things even louder than the ultrex.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1022424

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    Likely. Have to expect issues with so many electrical components in these trollers today.

This is one of the reasons why I was originally going to go with the MG. I have a feeling it’s going to have just as many electrical parts though.

14. Member
    I really don't understand why everyone is focused on one little comment about this being a game changer. This guy wrote up a whole review based on his experience. I don't really trust the biased reviews from guys that got their motors for free to promote them, so really appreciate those on here that post their experiences, both good and bad. I just got mine installed and happy with the quality. Can't try it out until spring. Only time will tell how well they hold up, but I'm not naive enough to think it won't have issues since it's the first generation.

15. Member
    schinkr, I think what most are reacting to is a very professional review. Very well done. So positive it seems a little too good to be unbiased. Do you know this gentleman?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    schinkr, I think what most are reacting to is a very professional review. Very well done. So positive it seems a little too good to be unbiased. Do you know this gentleman?
    I can answer the question. I do not know schinkr1. I also have no affiliation with Lowrance or any boat/fishing company, nor am I even in the fishing/boating industry. I purchased my Ghost unit from Russell Marine on Black Friday when they had a 10% off sale. I have no doubt the unit will have issues. Hard for any manufacture to mass produce and not have issues. Especially if this is their first venture with this type of product. However, my review is based upon my real world experiences. If it were crap, I would also tell others so they could avoid a money pit. However, at this juncture I am pleased with it for the reasons stated.

17. Member
    Glad to hear that. My asking him if he knew you was strictly rhetorical. The internet should go hand in hand with being skeptical. It certainly sounds like you are delighted with your purchase. Bob

18. Banned
    The only thing that I can currently say negative, is with the plastic clips that hold the steering cable. Those little suckers won’t last long and when they break, I have an even better idea for them. They work for now though, other than that they did a great job with these (and the Lowrance page guys know I have no problem bashing Lowrance, especially that spotlight scan pile of crap).

MK changed the game, but Lowrance surpassed what MK was able to put out. Maybe when the ultrex 2.0 comes out, they can compete again. Look at all the broken ultrex threads on here.
    you’re comparing the number of threads from a motor that has 10’s of thousands in the field to a motor that has less than 100 in the field.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by InternationalMarine Brian View Post
    you’re comparing the number of threads from a motor that has 10’s of thousands in the field to a motor that has less than 100 in the field.

And the second the ultrex came out, there were problems with the pedals having board issues. Maybe ultrex guys should quit hijacking Lowrance threads if they don’t want their feelings hurt. Every Lowrance might fall apart after 100 uses, but for now, there’s nothing ultrex owners can even think about saying negative against the ghost. Where is that goober BassResources guy with his “ohhhhh look how loud the Lowrance TM is”...that guy is a clown.

#gamechanger

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast