Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Rich View Post
    I would send you a case of paper towels, but people are hoarding them in my area and they are not in the stores. Good luck and glad HB is working so hard with you.
    One paper towel is reusable and goes a long way!

2. Member
    I have 2 helix 9 with no 360 on my 2019 Z19. i have been having an issue where it would come up on the screen about losing 360 and something that 360 is retracted. So far the only thing that has worked is i go into the settings and select forget 360. It has happened on both units i have and has happen at the same time also.

3. Member
    I can’t believe it, but yesterday morning boxed up and with a label emailed to me to print out by Humminbird I shipped the Mega 360 back to them being told and understanding that a replacement Mega 360 would be shipped out around the first of May. That I would get a email from Humminbird at 10 pm last nite that the replacement Mega 360 was shipped and expected delivery by this coming Friday. Awesome people to work with and their service in my book cannot be beaten. You can experience all kinds of ups and downs with any of the electronics manufacturers from time to time, but when it comes down to brass tacks, HB is tops in my opinion and darned hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by cevans View Post
    I can’t believe it, but yesterday morning boxed up and with a label emailed to me to print out by Humminbird I shipped the Mega 360 back to them being told and understanding that a replacement Mega 360 would be shipped out around the first of May. That I would get a email from Humminbird at 10 pm last nite that the replacement Mega 360 was shipped and expected delivery by this coming Friday. Awesome people to work with and their service in my book cannot be beaten. You can experience all kinds of ups and downs with any of the electronics manufacturers from time to time, but when it comes down to brass tacks, HB is tops in my opinion and darned hard to beat.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Wow CEVANS I have read you posts you have great patience and trouble shooting skills! Do you have everything working?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Hollow Nut View Post
    Wow CEVANS I have read you posts you have great patience and trouble shooting skills! Do you have everything working?
    Working like a charm!

7. Member
    I am experiencing the same issue. I installed the mega 360 on May 16 and it worked great the first weekend. But the second weekend not so much. The “out of water” message come up. So I did all the same test you did with the same results. Works fine on a bucket but not on the lake. So I contacted HB and I do agree that they are great to work with once you get a hold of them. I was asked to send it back to them on their dime and within 5 days I heard back from them. They tested it for 8 hrs in their tank and it ran flawlessly. The shipped it back and I put it on. Works great at home in the bucket but on the lake I get the same “out of water” error code. So now I am waiting to hear back from them to figure out what is my next step. In 8 weeks of prime fishing I got to use the 360 just one weekend.

I wasn’t feeling warm and fuzzy when they sent it back without doing anything. Know I am likely going to be down at best case 2 more weeks. I am hoping they will at least change out the sensors on it but I would prefer a replacement unit. Either way I really would like it to be resolved. I got $2800 wrapped up in the transducer and a helix 12 that are nothing more than dead weight.

Lilbubba25 is

Quote Originally Posted by Lilbubba25 View Post
    I am experiencing the same issue. I installed the mega 360 on May 16 and it worked great the first weekend. But the second weekend not so much. The “out of water” message come up. So I did all the same test you did with the same results. Works fine on a bucket but not on the lake. So I contacted HB and I do agree that they are great to work with once you get a hold of them. I was asked to send it back to them on their dime and within 5 days I heard back from them. They tested it for 8 hrs in their tank and it ran flawlessly. The shipped it back and I put it on. Works great at home in the bucket but on the lake I get the same “out of water” error code. So now I am waiting to hear back from them to figure out what is my next step. In 8 weeks of prime fishing I got to use the 360 just one weekend.

I wasn’t feeling warm and fuzzy when they sent it back without doing anything. Know I am likely going to be down at best case 2 more weeks. I am hoping they will at least change out the sensors on it but I would prefer a replacement unit. Either way I really would like it to be resolved. I got $2800 wrapped up in the transducer and a helix 12 that are nothing more than dead weight.

Lilbubba25 is
    Look back in this thread for member cevans and read all of his posts.He went through the same thing.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Member
    If you have a small small short,,,any kind of a nick in a wire possibly against any part of the hull or boat, the mega 360 is sooo sensitive that it will not work. Every other electronic Depth finder will work and not show any interference. Even 2 wires rubbing against each other might keep it from working. I replaced every wire and rewired the damn boat 3 times over 3 months and finally found the nick of all places in 10’ of 8 gauge positive new wire causing the same issues your having. I didn’t cause the nick..The wire was purchased with it in it. The wet switches are just so sensitive.

10. Member
    When the boat hull is in the water is when the mega 360 will not work with a short somewhere. Boat out of the water,,,you can get it to work as hull is not sitting in a lake or water.

11. Member
    Another comment,,,,,,over 3 months of trying to get my mega 360 to work,,,and every time putting the boat in the water,,,it would not work,,with “Mega 360 Disabled”. On the screen. During the 3 months,,,personally working with engineers in constant communication,,calling tech support,,,,sending the first mega 360 in and the engineers I communicated with,,they installed the mega 360 on their boat and it worked fine. Never once! Never once! Did anyone from HB think, comment,,,suggest,,,that there could be a short causing the mega 360 not to work as they sent me a new one and I had the same exact issues with it exactly like the first one. I kept thinking tho,,it had to possibly be a short in the wiring and I finally found it. Cost me about 300.00 and over 3 months of agrivation and I have a ton of used wiring and connectors, fuse box, extra laying around. Check your wiring.....I bet you have a short somewhere. I hope not,,,as it’s a real hard search in your part. Good luck!

12. Member
    Take your mega 360 and nothing else,,,put the boat in the water...plug just the mega 360 into your helix plus unit. Wire the power wire With a inline fuse in the power wire to a battery with nothing else on it. Twist the 2 black wires of the power wire of the mega 360 together and attach to the battery. See if it works with the boat sitting in the water. If it does,,,you have a short somewhere. Then..if you do have a short, rewire the power wire to either what you had it wired to, possibly a fuse block or battery with everything else. Then, with it wired,,,start taking each electrical item wired off one at a time. If you take items off one at a time you can run a short down that way. Each time,,I would restart the helix unit and deploy the mega 360 to see if it worked. I tied the boat up to a dock,,and for about 6 hrs finally found which wire and all that,,after rewiring the boat and checking wire over 3 months...it’s the easiest way to see if you have a short without rewiring or chasing each wire down buy disconnecting electrical items each one at a time till everything is totally disconnected. Each time you disconnect a item,,be sure and also disconnect the power wire and ground wire also to each item. Good luck.

13. Member
    Another weekend wasted working on the 360. Humminbird has been great to work with.

They sent me a new unit so I installed it and put it in the lake and got the same out of water message. So now I know it’s likely not the unit. So I change the communication cable first, did not work, changed the power cable but went directly to the battery with the two blacks tied together. No go again, removed the shield wire from the ground and still out of water. I am sure there is a wiring issue but I don’t know where. Every component was changed this weekend but nothing worked. Taking it to a authorized service center this week. It’s. Even 2 months of not getting to use this unit. Somebody else smarter than me needs to take a crack at it.

Bill

14. Member
    My experience with my Mega 360 so far is that when it is good it is very good and when it is bad, it is very bad. From reading the posts I would say I am not the only one. I am not going to sign up to take a electrical engineering course just to troubleshoot the Mega 360 all the time.

15. Member
    Once the short was found,,I have had zero issues and perfect working of the mega 360 and super happy with the way it works. I have zero complaints!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234