Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Wayne,,Mega 360 issues again.

Hit Patoka Res. today as I wanted to see how the Mega 360 worked as it has a lot of standing timber and different kinds of structure in the lake and after cleaning the wet switches on the last issue I had wanted to see how it performed. Turned it on and played with different colors of the screen, played with adjustments, speed, took some screen shots..then switched screens to side imaging and when it asked me to switch to side imaging settings the side imaging screen froze and wouldn’t scroll a side imaging image in the depth finder. Finally shut the depth finder off and on and when it cam on everything worked perfect as I did switch between the views of side imaging and 360 front view several times with not a problem. In the next 30 minutes of running the helix 10 DI + in 360 mega front view played with trolling motor speed up to 2.4 mph taking a couple of screen shots of the mega 360 and backing down to about 0.4 everything worked perfect. While floating and adjusting different settings of sensitivity and contrast, the Mega 360 quit again in front view. Idiot box came up in the center of the screen saying: Mega 360 Disabled, Out of Water. I tried everything from unplugging the power to the Mega 360, dried and cleaned the wet switches several times, extracted and retracted the Mega 360 into the water, defaulted the settings on the Helix Mega 10 DI+ as well as killed the power to it and reset it, I have no idea what else to try before calling,Humminbird Support. Any ideas? It ran perfect for about 1.5 hrs before quitting other than the one screen freeze first time going to side imaging but even then after that, no issues. If I kill the power to the Mega 360 while in Front View, I loose the box that says, Mega 360 Disabled, Out of Water when it’s in the water and the idiot box will come up and say : Mega 360 without power. Turn the power back on to the Mega 360 in or out of the water, it will go back to the box in the center of the front view saying Mega 360 Disabled, Out of water. I really love the Mega 360 and the images of structure and fish it gives when it’s running perfect.

2. Member

I used the MEGA 360 today with no issues, only got the "out of water" message when it was out of the water.

Contact Humminbird.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    I will keep you posted as to what they say. Thanks for all you do!

5. Member
    Thanks for being the guinea pig. lol

Hopefully by the time I get it, most of the bugs will be worked out. Probably wait at least a year though. Seem to be the timeframe for the Ultrex and Ulterra.

6. Member
    This is just a glitch of some kind. I have always loved the 360 as a structure fisherman. Even tho I have only run the Mega 360 no more than a couple of hrs today at the most, it totally rocks for what I have seen. With the freaked out weather we been having 64 today when it should be 30 and had 3-4 inches of snow on the ground 10-12 days ago and ice on lakes 40 miles north, get the bugs worked out now and get ready for early spring fishing, Glad I got to run it and get some screen shots to drule over. I will get it running. In the meantime, we got Wayne’s pics to drule over!!!

7. Member
    Welllll, I washed off the wet switches with dawn dish soap again this morning turned everything on, retracted the Mega 360 into a 5 gal bucket of water, it works like a charm switching from 360 mode to SI view back and forth, turn ping on and off, etc etc. I am going to let it soak in the bucket of water for a couple hrs turned off and check it out again. Will keep ya’s posted.

8. Member
    Left it sit in a bucket of water over 5 hrs then went and turned everything on. Checked the Mega 360 out, changing views between 360 and SI and running it on and off pinging, retracting and sticking it back in water and everything works perfect. Going to hit a lake tomorrow and check it out. I really think the wet switches weren’t totally cleaned from whatever coated them. Will find out tomorrow.

9. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Might want to pack a bottle of Dawn dish soap with you in the boat.....

Thanks for posting your experiences.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

10. Member
    I have soap, micro rag, and soft tooth brush.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cevans View Post
    I have soap, micro rag, and soft tooth brush.
    I carry a spray bottle with distilled water with a little Dawn in it and a micro rag as they are good for cleaning screens. Netting crappies with a long handled net over top three sounders makes for a lot of water spots. Now I may need it for the new 360. Don
    Don Johnson
    U S Navy ATC Retired
    NE Florida
    Boat Name TRON
    Crestliner VT 18 DX
    Bow
    Helix 12 Chirp Mega DI+ G3N w/Mega 360 mounted of Fishing Specialties 360 Mount
    Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI G2N
    Garmin GPSMAP 1042 XSV w/LiveScope mounted on Fishing Specialties Bowducer Assy
    Mini Kota Ulterra
    Console
    Helix 12 Chirp Mega SI+ G3N
    Garmin GPSMap 922
    Humminbird PiranaMAX for high speed depth readings

12. Member
    We have the fact that Wayne hasn’t had any problems so I think if anything this might be a random issue as another member on Crappie.com as posted comments to keep the wet switches clean as his/others might have been coated with something from the manufacturer and they had to clean theirs off. If this is the only concern with a brand new released piece of techno gear I can live with it. Time will tell, but Wayne is putting his Mega 360 thru it’s paces with no issues!!!

13. Member
    I just got back from Patoka Lake in southern Indiana as it’s 40 miles from the house. Had the Mega 360 working in a bucket of water last nite, got launched, turned it on, wouldn’t work and the message on,the screen again is Mega 360 disabled out of the water. Washed the wet switches off really good and no go. Packed it up, just got home, put the boat back in the garage, decided to check again so got the bucket of water, turned depth finders and mega on, stuck it in the bucket and it works in the garage perfect. Will call Humminbird Monday as I am not doing anything different in the garage or once on the lake. But I can’t use it sitting in the boat in the garage with it stuck in a bucket of water. Maybe Ineed to keep the bucket with me when I go to the lake.

14. Member
    Wonder if water temp has anything to do with it?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cevans View Post
    I just got back from Patoka Lake in southern Indiana as it’s 40 miles from the house. Had the Mega 360 working in a bucket of water last nite, got launched, turned it on, wouldn’t work and the message on,the screen again is Mega 360 disabled out of the water. Washed the wet switches off really good and no go. Packed it up, just got home, put the boat back in the garage, decided to check again so got the bucket of water, turned depth finders and mega on, stuck it in the bucket and it works in the garage perfect. Will call Humminbird Monday as I am not doing anything different in the garage or once on the lake. But I can’t use it sitting in the boat in the garage with it stuck in a bucket of water. Maybe Ineed to keep the bucket with me when I go to the lake.
    I would be interested to see if it worked in a bucket of lake water at the lake. Also I would try at home to put ice in the bucket of water and cool it down to lake water temp. Don
    Don Johnson
    U S Navy ATC Retired
    NE Florida
    Boat Name TRON
    Crestliner VT 18 DX
    Bow
    Helix 12 Chirp Mega DI+ G3N w/Mega 360 mounted of Fishing Specialties 360 Mount
    Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI G2N
    Garmin GPSMAP 1042 XSV w/LiveScope mounted on Fishing Specialties Bowducer Assy
    Mini Kota Ulterra
    Console
    Helix 12 Chirp Mega SI+ G3N
    Garmin GPSMap 922
    Humminbird PiranaMAX for high speed depth readings

16. Member
    Water temp in bucket same as lake, as didn’t have heat on in garage as outside temp today is a crazy yr hot degrees when it should be 30. Water temp at lake today was 2-3 degrees warmer than 2 days ago when it did work one time. 45 degrees today and I don’t even think lake temp has anything to do with this glitch. Will give Humminbird a call as done experimenting with it. Well water out of my well is 52 degrees cold in the bucket.

42.5 degree water today, no issues.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

18. Member
    Is it just me or does the Mega 360 sweep slow? Even when I have it on max speed of 6 it is still a lot slower than the past 360????

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rouse4 View Post
    Is it just me or does the Mega 360 sweep slow? Even when I have it on max speed of 6 it is still a lot slower than the past 360????
    I don’t think it is as much slower than the 360 gen 1 as I think we want it to paint a view as we anticipate seeing everything in a awesome Mega view of the bottom. At a speed of 4 I was painting a pretty good picture of standing timber running the trolling motor at a speed of 2.4 to 2.6 mph just to see how the screen looked and was very happy with the outcome for the first time. I didn’t get a chance to mess with other settings to possibly clean the view up a bit if that is even possible before I ran into my issues of the darned OUT of Water stoppages.

20. Member
    Well so much for me trying to post pics. Sorry about that.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast