Reverse rigged weightless aka what other baits?

I have been rigging the yamamoto Ika weightless and reversed for years, but was just wondering if there are any other baits with the same gliding away type action you guys have been using? Not a lot of info on other baits out there.
    Last edited by cal z20; 12-26-2019 at 04:08 PM.

2. Member
    Zman Ticklerz and Hula Stickz.

3. Member
    Jackall cover craw

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonG View Post
    Jackall cover craw
    this. and Evolve Kompak craw. Good luck finding those though I’ve been looking for years
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonG View Post
    Jackall cover craw
    This bait is a fun bait to fish.

6. Banned
    Try this:

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Dami...age-DACRW.html

On this hook: It has a coating that adds heft to Your bait. Works really good with Senkos™ and the like

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Haya...age-HFWHD.html

And because I was using 8# mono I broke off after 2 catches and put the above craw on this weighted jighead (they have a different design) and started a pumping retrieve. There are tons of weeds and crap and I was surprised it didn't snag more? And using the lighter line, there is less "Just Pull"

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Haya...age-HPDSB.html

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    this. and Evolve Kompak craw. Good luck finding those though I’ve been looking for years
    I absolutely love the Jackall cover craw, but I loved the Evolve Kompak craw as well. Like you I haven't been able to find them for a long time. You may want to give the D&M Punch Craw a look. It is almost a clone of the Kompak Craw as far as looks. It's only offered in 4.25" lengths and the colors are a little limited as well. Wish they offered it in a smaller size as I really loved the small Kompak Craw.

The first one I thought of was the Damiki Hydra which I think of as a Ika knock off with even less durability.

I often rig a smallie beaver backwards with a long nail weight and it gives it the glide away from you effect...deadly on steep banks.
    "If It Ain't Broke, You're Not Trying"- Red Green

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassbme View Post
    I absolutely love the Jackall cover craw, but I loved the Evolve Kompak craw as well. Like you I haven't been able to find them for a long time. You may want to give the D&M Punch Craw a look. It is almost a clone of the Kompak Craw as far as looks. It's only offered in 4.25" lengths and the colors are a little limited as well. Wish they offered it in a smaller size as I really loved the small Kompak Craw.
    Look into the Cuplrit Incredicraw in the 3.5” size. If you remove the two front “antennas” it’s very very close to a kompak craw in size but has a little longer front appendages
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

10. Member
    Great info guys I ordered some 3" cover craws to try out a little smaller than the Ika. Thanks for the info so far.