Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Agree on the Customer Service. Sheared a guide off once....Emailed them and Trey answered and sent me a bunch for free. Worth noting that.

2. Member
    I contacted Kistler about the 2020 Helium 3’s. They are using the exact same Gary Loomis NFC blanks as last year. The Powers (Heavy, Medium-Heavy, Light/Medium Heavy, etc.) are exactly the same. The actions are exactly the same too. They are the same blanks! The only change is how they are labeling the actions. For example, many of the Helium’s that were labeled extra-fast in the past are now labeled fast. This is a change of label only. Kistler feels the new action labels are more accurate than the past labels. The blanks that have made these rods so special have not changed. The only reason I buy Kistler rods is because they use the Gary Loomis NFC blanks....they are soooo much better than everything else.

3. Member
    While the price increase was substantial, I always felt the Kistler rods I have performed over their price point. Like others have said, they frequently have really good sales but you have to be quick as some models sell out fast. I'm not a brand loyalist as I have rods from several different companies but the Kistlers are pretty special IMO.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydro870 View Post
    The only change is how they are labeling the actions. For example, many of the Helium’s that were labeled extra-fast in the past are now labeled fast. This is a change of label only. Kistler feels the new action labels are more accurate than the past labels.
    They needed to do this for sure, nothing was extra-fast about the H3 lineup. Fast to moderate fast is more accurate... and even that changes between the LMH, MH, and H power rods. Great blanks for sure, but the actions were not accurately described/labeled.

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

5. Member
    i also have been a very loyal kistler guy with a substantial collection of klx and h3's i think the prices are growing to fast as well, i remember buying the klx's when they came out a few years ago for about $165 or $175 again i love the rods but the prices are getting to high. the other thing they keep discontinuing the rod models i like, several of my favorite models are no longer made.

FYI , there is a sale going on right now ..100.00 off KLX's ,Magnesiums, and Z Bone's,, That puts KLX's at 200.00 and Magnesium's at 150.00 and the Z Bone at 450.00 ,,,,, carry on

7. Member
    I've been using Kistler for 2-3 years and am loyal to the brand at this point. I was turned off some by the recent price raises, but already they've shown they will continue to provide fair discounts on their rods. Currently $100.00 off KLX, Mags, and Z Bones.

Regardless of the price raise, I can still have peace of mind when I need help Kistler will help me promptly and politely. I've been on the phone multiple times with Trey, never regarding a problem yet only to help me make the right purchases for what I'm looking for. I haven't shopped around a ton on other rods, but I do know you don't receive this from every company. Just something to keep in mind when you consider shopping elsewhere.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12