Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kistler Argon rods

I see they are no longer listed on there site. They discontinued or is it because of the season ?? I have a number of there casting rods I like them thought I would look at buying a spinning rod from him
    [email]bblythe64gmail.com

2. Member
    I know the helium’s are getting remodeled after the new year. Maybe the same for the argon.

They are sold out for right now.... they will be back in stock after the first of the year and they are working on a new web site.....Trey sent me a list of the 2020 stuff and there will be 7ea Argon casting and 2ea spinning rods avalible for the coming year
    PS....tackle warehouse should still have a few in stock but i doubt there is any trpe of discount
    Last edited by River-Bandit; 12-27-2019 at 10:08 PM.

New website for Kistler is up and running

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by River-Bandit View Post
    New website for Kistler is up and running
    and the price increase is insane! $50-$100 price hike on all rods good thing I’m starting to build my own rods now.. even so there’s no way id be pay $250 for a magnesium especially since 5 days ago they were $200 and Nothing has changed. For that price I’ll just buy a St Croix LTB
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

6. Member
    Yep the price increases are ridiculous

7. Member
    Im glad a stocked up last year got 3 A helium /argon/klx when he had a sale for like 500ish
    [email]bblythe64gmail.com

8. Member
    Did they change the blank material on the Helium?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reason162 View Post
    I dont believe so

Quote Originally Posted by reason162 View Post
    Don't think so,,

Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    and the price increase is insane! $50-$100 price hike on all rods good thing I’m starting to build my own rods now.. even so there’s no way id be pay $250 for a magnesium especially since 5 days ago they were $200 and Nothing has changed. For that price I’ll just buy a St Croix LTB
    Cuz I was just letting folks know the new website is up, bitching at me about price increases wont help your cause, I'm just a customer like everyone else here,, I tend to purchase when he has a good sale , but not all rods went up, the Zbone did not get an increase,, well I say that , it went from 549.00 to 550.00 so I guess it did go up a dollar ,, but hey how you spent your money is your business if you prefer St Croix then by all means get ya some

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by River-Bandit View Post
    Cuz I was just letting folks know the new website is up, bitching at me about price increases wont help your cause, I'm just a customer like everyone else here,, I tend to purchase when he has a good sale , but not all rods went up, the Zbone did not get an increase,, well I say that , it went from 549.00 to 550.00 so I guess it did go up a dollar ,, but hey how you spent your money is your business if you prefer St Croix then by all means get ya some
    man you took this way too personal. Sorry I just brought up an observation and it offended you. Almost every single rod went up $50 or more, with no changes to construction for the 2020 models. I have both kistler and st Croix and have always said I’d rather have a kistler casting rod than st croix but for that price increase I’d only buy them on sale .
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

13. Member
    So no changes to any of the blanks? I’ve noticed some different/missing actions. Also noticed the Feel N Reel doesn’t have the white tip it had before. Hate to see that big price increase. Hopefully they run some good sales.

14. Member
    does it say the h3s are lighter meaning a new blank material? or has it always been on the t800 toray blank they have been built on? i read it on the site but couldn't Remember if that was the description to the old series as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    man you took this way too personal. Sorry I just brought up an observation and it offended you. Almost every single rod went up $50 or more, with no changes to construction for the 2020 models. I have both kistler and st Croix and have always said I’d rather have a kistler casting rod than st croix but for that price increase I’d only buy them on sale .
    It's all good sir, no offense taken ,, I'm like you i love my Kistlers and I too hated to see the price increase

Quote Originally Posted by Revofisher View Post
    does it say the h3s are lighter meaning a new blank material? or has it always been on the t800 toray blank they have been built on? i read it on the site but couldn't Remember if that was the description to the old series as well.
    I'm pretty sure they are the same blank and guides as last years Heliums, I think they changed the ratings , same rod just different way of rating ,for example a Helium in Heavy / Extra Fast last year will be a Medium Heavy /4 power this year ,, but dont hold me too this,, If you have any questions please call Trey and ask him direct , most of the time he answers the phone himself

17. Member
    They always have good sales any way. If you get on their mailing list, you'll never have to pay full retail. I'm a MB guy, but those Helium MOD rods are awesome. So versatile for big baits.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TohoRookie View Post
    They always have good sales any way. If you get on their mailing list, you'll never have to pay full retail. I'm a MB guy, but those Helium MOD rods are awesome. So versatile for big baits.
    This. They have a lot of sales and I always buy when they have sales. Just get on the mailing list and you will never have to full price

19. Member
    I have a lot of H3's, a few Zbones and KLX's.... Trey has provided me with excellent customer service over the past few years, but these new retail prices have me scratching my head....

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

Quote Originally Posted by jbabin76 View Post
    I have a lot of H3's, a few Zbones and KLX's.... Trey has provided me with excellent customer service over the past few years, but these new retail prices have me scratching my head....
    Price of doing business unfortunately. All components are outsourced and they have over 800 "pro-staff" receiving discounted product. Probably hurt their margins.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast