Thread: La Cygne

La Cygne

Anyone fishing La Cygne lately? Wondering if it is worth a drive down from MN early next week. Got the itch, but no idea if this lake is any good in the winter like this, just know it has the power plant so should be at least stable. Any info is much appreciated!

Or if there is another lake close by that would be better this time of year.

Long drive to fish, but I understand. LaCygne has been fishing very tough lately from what I have heard. There is another power plant lake called Coffey County or Wolf Creek that I heard has been good. The only problem with it is, they will call you off if the wind gets to bad.

3. Member
    If I could get on a few fish it'd be worth it. Thanks for the info. I'll keep looking around for some more. Looks like there was a small tournament out there on Dec 18th that teams struggled for the most part. 3 bass over 5 though, that's not bad. Would like to see a bit more numbers though.

4. Member
    La Cygne can be excellent bass fishing in the winter. Being a "Powerplant" lake the winter temps can actually hold in the 50's. Warmest near the hot water outlet. I just looked at the long range weather forecasts for January and it looks to be rather mild. If you can believe the forecasts. In addition to bass you can catch catfish and crappie. Go to www.ksoutdoors.com for fishing reports
    whatroads - A pun on the "information super highway"
    Tracker 190 TX
    90 hp Merc
    Fortrex 80 w/ 52" shaft

5. Member
    Any info on Wolf Creek/coffee county lake?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakesareabassin View Post
    Any info on Wolf Creek/coffee county lake?
    Go to the above link, select southeast fishing report, click on Coffey County and get directions, you can pull up a satelite map of lake and area, fishing report is old but you should be able to find the hot water outlet from the map, There's a guy that lives in Waverly I think that fishes there regularly maybe he'll chime in, I think his name is Roger, rtfishin , you can also ck out the thread about crappie fishing in this forum
    Last edited by John Br.; 12-28-2019 at 01:00 PM.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John Br. View Post
    Go to the above link, select southeast fishing report, click on Coffey County and get directions, you can pull up a satelite map of lake and area, fishing report is old but you should be able to find the hot water outlet from the map, There's a guy that lives in Waverly I think that fishes there regularly maybe he'll chime in, I think his name is Roger, rtfishin , you can also ck out the thread about crappie fishing in this forum
    The bass fishing has been a little tough here lately at wolf creek. You can still catch a few, but it’s definitely been a finesse bite. Obviously the hot water area is getting a lot of pressure, the wind is the biggest problem there.