Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    What about the RB200 or RB190? I like the option to fish either salt water and/or fresh. Does anyone have one of these that can offer some input?
    2019 Ranger Z520c
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS

2. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster2003 View Post
    What about the RB200 or RB190? I like the option to fish either salt water and/or fresh. Does anyone have one of these that can offer some input?

https://vexusboats.com/model/avx2180cc/overview/
    orig_b64cc7e0ad57cc73ee10cbea9f2fa85f6274d12b.jpg

3. Member
    Do yourself the favor and buy an Xpress X19 with a 200 on the back of er....don't look back.

4. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Stay on your side of the tracks Ya Troll!
    This is Ranger Country, no pansies allowed!

I'm Joking
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

5. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Sorry , didn' t realize i was making the Ranger folk feel insecure in their decisions

I'm Joking

Heart and Soul Revolution slowing down over there in the Vexus forum?

I'm Joking

7. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    LOL...

I'm Joking
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop

8. Member
    That Vexus would be great for hunting reds.

9. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    Sorry , didn' t realize i was making the Ranger folk feel insecure in their decisions

I'm Joking
    Vince Dart- Jim Thorpe PA

10. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    <<Deleted>>
    Last edited by King_Fish; 01-04-2020 at 10:43 PM.
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop

Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster2003 View Post
    I am running a RT 198P that does NOT have carpet and I have an Aluminum Trailer (Ranger). Replaced the factor installed trolling motor with a 36V Riptide Terrova. I fish from Salt Water to Fresh Water and everything in between.

I did not want one of the center consoles as it did not have as much storage and the Helm is right a the boarder of max. height that would prevent me from getting under some of the RR bridges I pass.

You can see my rig in the Pictures of Tins Forum. #917
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

12. Member
    I bought a Crestliner 1850 BassHawk a couple years ago with Merc 150 4stroke. Ive never owned a glass boat. Ridden in quite a few. This does the job for me. I can get her going 50 going downhill with the wind at my back with a low tank of gas. Always been a Yamaha guy, but the Merc has been great. Tons of storage. Casting deck is great. Pedestal seats instead of bench. Ultrexx on the bow. Unfortunately, 15 degrees today with a 20 mph wind and a foot of ice on the lake.

13. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodaksam View Post
    ..... and 15 degrees today with a 20 mph wind and a foot of ice on the lake.
    LUCKY!!!!

We are praying for ice here in the great state of PA

2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop

14. Member
    I began this thread, so I thought I’d give all you guys an update:

So far, as far as the boat is concerned, I like the Vexus. From a business standpoint, I like the Vexus the least. The Ranger folks have been very helpful, but I’m not as fond of their boat. I’ve compared the Ranger R198P, the Vexus, and the Lund 1875. Here’s what I think as of right now:

Vexus: I’ve looked hard at the 1980 and the 2080. Nice boats. I’m not thrilled at their small livewell, but the RT198 has a little livewell also. I’ve been told several times “take out the divider”....which is fine, but if you’ve ever fished a BFL, that’s a poor solution to a small livewell. I shouldn’t expect the livewell to equate to the BCB that I”ve had for years, but they are pretty small. Boat, trailer, layout, construction......I like the Vexus. Pricing of the Vexus is less than appealing.

I found a 2019 1980 holdover. No electronics. Tandem trailer. Merc 150 Pro XS, Ultrex. No other special items. Priced at $38,800.00. After discussion, said they’d take $38,000.00. With tax, it was $39,300.00. I said ok, I’ll give you $40K, cash, out the door, but I would like middle of the road electronics of Helix 9 SI at helm and Helix 7 at bow. Would not accept that as an offer. Dealer said there wasn’t enough profit there to make that deal.

Now I’m no genius, but as soon as that boat rolls off the lot, its worth $34k. I went to NADA to verify that, and, I went to the bank took talk about it. In fact, my bank stated that if the 2019 had been used, even just one time, they would only lend 80% on the $34k number. A year old boat should have some consideration for that, in my opinion. I wasn’t mad....I’m just a business man...and for me, I feel as though my number, in cash, is more than fair.

So I ditched the idea of the Vexus for a minute and went to look at RT198s. I like them. Pros are: Layout inside is nice. Nice big deck. Tandem trailer has that gator Hyde stuff and not paint. Nice places for graphs to be surface mounted, both at console and at bow. Bilge area is clean and well organized. Seats are nice. Overall, I like it. Cons are: Leans toward looking like a traditional Jon boat from the exterior. Hull looks like it would beat you more than a Vexus. Plastic livewell. Storage is smaller than a Vexus.

But: The RT198 costs less....AND....that’s with comparable electronics at the console AND a power pole. The sticker, WITH a power pole and electronics (tandem trailer, 150 Pro XS, etc etc) was $39,200.00. That’s before any negotiation at all, but I don’t like it as well.

The Lund 1875 Pro V bass costs more than both the Vexus and the RT198. Its just too much for me to accept.

I’m aggravated about the $40k discussion with the dealer. I really feel that was a strong offer from me.

I’ve looked on the internet and do not see any X19’s anywhere even close to me......so that’s probably not an option.

I hate to do it....but for $40k.....I can buy a nice used glass rig....no doubt.....I”m trying to figure out what to do.

Per economics, the price breaks down like this: Anything is only worth what somebody will pay for it....that’s called “price point” in the advertising/marketing world. I may only have “X” dollars in a product, but if you will pay 3X for it, its work $3x. On the flip side, if you have $3x in your product, and I’ll only give you X for it, its only worth X. Point being....anything over $40 prices me out of the market.

Finally, my dad always told me this: Remember the golden rule: Whoever has the gold, makes the rules. I’m not willing to break $40k.....which to me, is a substantial pile of money.

Sadly, this past time has priced me out.

One last thing: Saw a row of new Tritons and Ranger glass boats. Least expensive I saw was $52,000.00.....and I saw them up into the low $90s. The cost v/s enjoyment ratio is just not there.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnman View Post
    I began this thread, so I thought I’d give all you guys an update:

So far, as far as the boat is concerned, I like the Vexus. From a business standpoint, I like the Vexus the least. The Ranger folks have been very helpful, but I’m not as fond of their boat. I’ve compared the Ranger R198P, the Vexus, and the Lund 1875. Here’s what I think as of right now:

Vexus: I’ve looked hard at the 1980 and the 2080. Nice boats. I’m not thrilled at their small livewell, but the RT198 has a little livewell also. I’ve been told several times “take out the divider”....which is fine, but if you’ve ever fished a BFL, that’s a poor solution to a small livewell. I shouldn’t expect the livewell to equate to the BCB that I”ve had for years, but they are pretty small. Boat, trailer, layout, construction......I like the Vexus. Pricing of the Vexus is less than appealing.

I found a 2019 1980 holdover. No electronics. Tandem trailer. Merc 150 Pro XS, Ultrex. No other special items. Priced at $38,800.00. After discussion, said they’d take $38,000.00. With tax, it was $39,300.00. I said ok, I’ll give you $40K, cash, out the door, but I would like middle of the road electronics of Helix 9 SI at helm and Helix 7 at bow. Would not accept that as an offer. Dealer said there wasn’t enough profit there to make that deal.

Now I’m no genius, but as soon as that boat rolls off the lot, its worth $34k. I went to NADA to verify that, and, I went to the bank took talk about it. In fact, my bank stated that if the 2019 had been used, even just one time, they would only lend 80% on the $34k number. A year old boat should have some consideration for that, in my opinion. I wasn’t mad....I’m just a business man...and for me, I feel as though my number, in cash, is more than fair.

So I ditched the idea of the Vexus for a minute and went to look at RT198s. I like them. Pros are: Layout inside is nice. Nice big deck. Tandem trailer has that gator Hyde stuff and not paint. Nice places for graphs to be surface mounted, both at console and at bow. Bilge area is clean and well organized. Seats are nice. Overall, I like it. Cons are: Leans toward looking like a traditional Jon boat from the exterior. Hull looks like it would beat you more than a Vexus. Plastic livewell. Storage is smaller than a Vexus.

But: The RT198 costs less....AND....that’s with comparable electronics at the console AND a power pole. The sticker, WITH a power pole and electronics (tandem trailer, 150 Pro XS, etc etc) was $39,200.00. That’s before any negotiation at all, but I don’t like it as well.

The Lund 1875 Pro V bass costs more than both the Vexus and the RT198. Its just too much for me to accept.

I’m aggravated about the $40k discussion with the dealer. I really feel that was a strong offer from me.

I’ve looked on the internet and do not see any X19’s anywhere even close to me......so that’s probably not an option.

I hate to do it....but for $40k.....I can buy a nice used glass rig....no doubt.....I”m trying to figure out what to do.

Per economics, the price breaks down like this: Anything is only worth what somebody will pay for it....that’s called “price point” in the advertising/marketing world. I may only have “X” dollars in a product, but if you will pay 3X for it, its work $3x. On the flip side, if you have $3x in your product, and I’ll only give you X for it, its only worth X. Point being....anything over $40 prices me out of the market.

Finally, my dad always told me this: Remember the golden rule: Whoever has the gold, makes the rules. I’m not willing to break $40k.....which to me, is a substantial pile of money.

Sadly, this past time has priced me out.

One last thing: Saw a row of new Tritons and Ranger glass boats. Least expensive I saw was $52,000.00.....and I saw them up into the low $90s. The cost v/s enjoyment ratio is just not there.
    Looking at one year old Lund 1875s gets you in your price range. And low hour rigs are out there. It has a lot more capability and storage for the money, and gets you the glass rig big water capability most of the others do not. Just a thought.

16. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    WOW, you have done some impressive research young man...
    I hope things work out for you, whichever direction you go.

It's a shame the Vexus folks wouldn't budge for you, especially considering that's the one you like.
    I bought a 2018 RT198 in September 2017 and the Dealership just wanted to move product i.e. volume based. I was pleasantly surprised how much they dealt w/ me and moved down off the sticker.

Based on your personal requirements, it sure seems like you should stay in a glass rig. It's hard to justify close to or over $40K for a Tin rig...

Good Luck
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop

The treatment you got from the dealer on Vexus pricing would keep me from buying their boat.....ESPECIALLY ON A LEFTOVER BOAT. I think you are being optimistic thinking what a year old boat is worth when you drive off the lot. Without a decent discount for it being a year old, if it doesn't fit you, you will be KILLED financially. They should really discount a year old boat a good bit and it does not sound like you are getting much of a discount at all. I would not do it....in my opinion, you offered them too much and are lucky they turned it down. It's not worth it. It would never resell in the mid 30s used and two years old.

If I were in your shoes, I would look for a used fairly new Xpress X19 with a 175 or 200.......and this comes from a Ranger owner and fan. You will probably have to drive to get it...no big deal. Make sure you have a good dealer around to handle motor warranty. You probably won't have a problem with the boat. And if you do, they will send you something like a bilge pump or seat or something.

I edited this to add that I gave a quick look at BoatTrader.com and saw some X19 with 175 and such on there for mid 30s rigged out and ready to fish. Yes, you will have to drive to get it. It will be worth it. Leave with a buddy on Friday and be back with a new boat on Sunday. Also a lot of these dealers will deal right now with the time of year and model changes.
    Last edited by Panama; 01-06-2020 at 09:44 AM.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

18. Member
    Buy what fits your style and budget. They are out there if you're willing to go get them. If you have a trade the numbers of dealers drops. Some dealers obviously don't want to mess with trades. I have always appreciated them telling me that vs offering me a real low number.

As for the live well divider. Back in the day we would just carry a few diaper pins. Pin one set and let the others go without a pin. Today you have cull tags and or Glory Bags. I wouldn't let a live well divider stop me from the boat I otherwise wanted.

The main reason I have an aluminum boat today is the simplicity. Some of these aluminum boats are getting so loaded up, both in equipment and price, you may as well stay with glass. Sans the three year service to help keep the long warranty intact on my 115 4 stroke I've done everything myself. I do my own annual services...it's crazy easy on these small boats compared to the big DFI motors I've had. Everything is a trade off.

19. Banned
    A bass boat is not an investment, whatever money you spend new or used will depreciate considerably. If this is a concern for you your best bet is to look for a good used boat, maybe 2-5 years old with some good electronics and some warranty left. The big hit would be obsorbed by the original purchaser and if you are patient you can probably find a real nice deal. When you are more comfortable with your finances in the future you can drop the money down on a new boat you want. Me personally, I don't think I would ever buy a new boat again, too many good deals on lightly used rigs loaded up for thousands less then new.

My two cents

20. Member
    I was in the same predicament you are talking about and I really wanted the Vexus 1980 or the Ranger 198 but couldn't stomach the $40000 cost so I kept looking and ended up with a comparable Polar Kraft for way less and couldn't be happier.
    I definitely wanted a new boat just from a warranty standpoint though most outboards have transferable warranties the boat itself did not. I don't envy your situation at all.
    Polar Kraft TX195/Suzuki 200/52" Ultrex MDI

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast