Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    I use the dewalt 1/2" one at work and that thing is a beast. Unzips everything. I use the 3/8" one for home use and it works for some lighter stuff but still sometimes have to use the breaker bar.

harbor freight bauer corded impact , carry a duracell inverter and a extension cord. the only battery you'll need to worry about is your truck battery.

https://www.harborfreight.com/12-in-...nch-64120.html

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Duracell-Duracell/1001739784

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 20DC BULLET View Post
    All of the "High End" Cordless Impact Guns are nice, but if all you're gonna use it for is an occasional flat tire, go to Harbor Freight.
    Can't argue with that. I have a Dewalt and it has been fine but for just something to ride in the roadside kit I would go cheap.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    I plan on the DeWalt because I already have the batteries.
    I've borrowed my neighbor's 18V DeWalt for several projects and like it a lot. It's usually up for anything I throw at it but it did fail to drive 10" reisser screws all the way into hemlock. Ended up using his massive corded Milwaukee to finish the job. He uses a cordless Milwaukee for removing lugnuts but I don't know the specs on it. He says his DeWalt is a little light for that job.

5. Member
    Using the 1 inch milwa at work, real solid tool

Just got a new Milwaukee 18v 1/2 cheap on FB matches all the other tools I have.
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

7. Member
    I bought the Makita hi-torque (1100#ft?) mostly for tire rotations (32 lug nuts on/off at 140# will plumb wear you out), but I couldn't justify dropping $200+ for a once in a while event on my trailer.

8. BIG BLUE NATION
    the major difference other than price between a dewalt, milwaukee etc and say a harbor freight brand is if you used the harbor all day everyday it wouldn’t hold up. So if your just going to use it around the house and also carry it in your truck or car it will be fine. The only thing I would recommend is at least 150 ft lbs. or 1800 in. lbs.

9. Member
    Got the Milwaukee Mid-Torque for Christmas, can't wait to use it. I have been using the Harbor Freight corded electric, a huge tool with little power.
    2000 Viper Coral 202
    2013 Pro XS 200

10. Member
    There's been a few threads on this. Seems like Milwaukee is always the favorite. I love my 1/2" high torque Milwaukee. I also have the 3/8 18v impact, and it is enough to take my lug nuts off my GMC 2500. I know you can't go wrong with Milwaukee. I just got the 12v grease gun for Christmas and can't wait to use it.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassboat1 View Post
    I bought the Makita hi-torque (1100#ft?) mostly for tire rotations (32 lug nuts on/off at 140# will plumb wear you out), but I couldn't justify dropping $200+ for a once in a while event on my trailer.
    This is my next tool purchase. I currently have the Makita mid torque (210 inch lbs.) model but yesterday I ran upon some lug nuts it would not break loose. Gonna go ahead and get the big model like yours and be done with it, that way no worries about it being able to do the job.

12. Member
    Son’s just gave me a Milwaukee 1/2 drive for Christmas.Also for my birthday they got me a 3/8 drive Milwaukee ratchet. Now I want the 3/8 impact! If that 1/2 impact won’t remove a bolt you better think about a one inch model or the old Smoke Wrench!

Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    Ridgid
    Price
    Warranty even on battery
    HD is everywhere
    Has busted lose everything I have put it to.
    ^^^^^^^^^
    This is were it’s at! It works better then my air powered impact.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rboren View Post
    Son’s just gave me a Milwaukee 1/2 drive for Christmas.Also for my birthday they got me a 3/8 drive Milwaukee ratchet. Now I want the 3/8 impact! If that 1/2 impact won’t remove a bolt you better think about a one inch model or the old Smoke Wrench!
    How do you like the ratchet? I absolutely love the 3/8 impact, the size is perfect. It will do about 95% of the things I need to do.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    Ridgid
    Price
    Warranty even on battery
    HD is everywhere
    Has busted lose everything I have put it to.
    This

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123