Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stolen Christmas Lights

Somebody stole the Christmas light projector from our yard. This is the device that projects the Christmas lights onto the front of the house. It's a $40.00 item and no big deal, but just the fact that somebody stole Christmas decorations is what pisses me off to no end. I almost wouldn't be that mad if it was some punk kid that pulled it out of the ground and threw it in the park down the street. But if somebody took it and is actually using it at their house; I would like to choke the bastard. Part of what angers me so bad is because I hate a thief more than anything. I don't care if it's a pencil from my desk or an item worth thousands of dollars. I don't have any use for a thief and one can never be trusted again. We live in a good neighborhood and never had any prior thefts or vandalism in the 20 years we have been here.

2. Banned
    Happens every year and it usually kids. The inflatables are popular too.

Happens all the time. Halloween someone stole this huge ( probably 8-10 ft.) inflatable spider balloon out of a yard. She put the theft on our city’s Facebook. Several days later someone contacted her and said their neighbor just put it up. And the dumb azz was caught. Of course the judge told them not to steal

4. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    Put a fake box out there with a small light to make decoy noticeable at night..anchor the decoy in the grounderlying so the if doesn't throw box thru your window.. grease the outside of box with gear lube or blue globby paint or Porta potty sanitary dye..

5. Member
    Pretty sad that if you set something out you have to set up trip wires.
    Sad to see some pos steal a dog from someones yard this morning on the news.

6. Member
    Some people feel it is owed to them for some reason or another.

I could imagine kids takinging them, then putting them on a house with one and a multi plug having 4 or 5. Kids used to move the roto mold santas and choir boys to one yard. There would 50 of themon one lawn. Been going one since the dawn of time.

9. Banned
    Back about 45 years ago I had a Christmas tree lot in Ft Lauderdale. Did it for about 3 or 4 years in a row. The last year I did it I had hire a guard at night because theft got so bad. Now how on earth could you look at a stolen Christmas tree?

10. Member
    Dang thieves. Hope it electrocuted them. Put another out with fish hooks wrapped all around it, sharp with great barbs.
    Praying for a Cure

Most likely local kids, or adults who thought it may have been unfashionable for your nice neighborhood . I know when I was a kid it was popular to unplug lights on overly decorated homes in town.
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

12. Member
    Get a rope......

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wildturkey View Post
    Dang thieves. Hope it electrocuted them. Put another out with fish hooks wrapped all around it, sharp with great barbs.
    I think I'm a good guy, but thieves would get this !!!

My sister in law had hers for 1 night. It was gone in the morning.

15. Banned
    It is a shame but bet it will not get better until the courts do their job and deter crime.

16. Member
    Some day that person will be looking up and God will be looking down and he will say in a loud voice “ and you stole somebody’s Christmas lights too”!

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by madmurph View Post
    Somebody stole the Christmas light projector from our yard. This is the device that projects the Christmas lights onto the front of the house. It's a $40.00 item and no big deal, but just the fact that somebody stole Christmas decorations is what pisses me off to no end. I almost wouldn't be that mad if it was some punk kid that pulled it out of the ground and threw it in the park down the street. But if somebody took it and is actually using it at their house; I would like to choke the bastard. Part of what angers me so bad is because I hate a thief more than anything. I don't care if it's a pencil from my desk or an item worth thousands of dollars. I don't have any use for a thief and one can never be trusted again. We live in a good neighborhood and never had any prior thefts or vandalism in the 20 years we have been here.
    Some people are just human garbage. Just like the people who steal things off someones porch.
    Question everything!

18. Member
    My wife and I used to decorate our house every Christmas. That all changed 7 years ago. We had our lights cut 2 Friday nights in a row. We called the police the 2nd time it happened and were told it was a big issue and it was happening in multiple area neighborhoods on Friday and Saturday nights, but the police were stretched thin so patrolling all the neighborhoods was a tough task. He said yard ornaments were also getting stolen. The next weekend I slept in my truck with a baseball bat (my wife put her foot down and would not let me have a gun with me) lucky for me and the asshats that were cutting my lights they did not show up. Sad thing is we haven't put lights up for the last 7 years. My wife has hinted we should the last couple years, but I will not waste my time anymore.
    Brad Krone

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    Happens all the time. Halloween someone stole this huge ( probably 8-10 ft.) inflatable spider balloon out of a yard. She put the theft on our city’s Facebook. Several days later someone contacted her and said their neighbor just put it up. And the dumb azz was caught. Of course the judge told them not to steal
    That's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    What, in CB? The way you've talked before you could take them out and shoot them and the local cops would clean your gun for you....

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast