? For Don-Pro xs 225 v8 with pro kicker 15 EFI.Battery set-up

Will be taking delivery of a new Hewescraft soon and I believe the dealer is wiring the kicker to batt.#2 and the main to batt.#1.My question is,can I run either motor with perko switch to both,or will this cause either motors alternator to back feed each other? The batteries will be GRP.31 AGMS.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Be sure to take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, though I understand you've not yet taken delivery of the engine.

Your dealer should be utilizing Service Bulletin 2019-04R1 to determine the correct materials, isolator, acr or battery switch configurations. There are several approved configurations shown in that bulletin.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Thanks for the reply Don,however I’ve had no luck finding this service bulletin.Maybe only available to dealers?My problem is dealer is 300 miles away and I want to make sure things are correct when I pick up the boat.The dealer rigs very few Mercury’s mostly does Yamaha and Honda.To my knowledge this will be the first pro xs they have done.Could you send me a link or a pdf of the bulletin?Your help and knowledge is much appreciated.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Sorry- can't send copies due to Copyright. Your dealer should have access to it through Mercury's Dealer System (MercNet).

Unfortunately that bulletin does not come up "automatically" under specific engine models as it's a general Outboard Bulletin (example- you won't find it under the engine serial number in the Parts Catalog).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Sorry- can't send copies due to Copyright. Your dealer should have access to it through Mercury's Dealer System (MercNet).

Unfortunately that bulletin does not come up "automatically" under specific engine models as it's a general Outboard Bulletin (example- you won't find it under the engine serial number in the Parts Catalog).
    Dealer is going to wait until they get engines in a couple of weeks so they have ser.numbers.Sounds like that won’t help find the bulletin.I’ll let them know.Thank-You Don and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    In the meantime, they should be able to pull that bulletin up on MercNet, so they can determine what components will be required (ordered separately from engines).

7. Member
    Thank-you Don.