Advice on drop hitch

I posted on a Silverado forum also, but looking for advice here. Got a 2019 Chevy Trail Boss that has a standard 2” lift with 33” tires. All my silverados in the past were standard size, and I’ve used a 2” drop for a long time with my boats. I’m pulling a 2008 Z20 dual axle. Any advice on where to start for hitch drop size? Everywhere is closed today for Christmas, and I plan on going fishing tomorrow. Just didn’t want to make multiple trips to the store. I was guessing somewhere around 4-5” drop. Thoughts?

Most manufacturers give a 19”-21” range to the top of the ball for bass boats. Put your 2” drop on and measure to see where you need to be.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

3. Member
    Thank you very much!

4. Member
    Level the trailer and measure where the top of the ball will be and the buy the right drop hitch . Boat will load and unload much better if level.

5. Member
    I used to run a 2" drop on a Silverado 2500HD, but had to go to a 3" rise, so my spare trailer tire didn't scrub the hump where my steep driveway meets the road (even after modifying the tire mount). Boat still loads/launches just fine.

1990 Ranger 362V Yamaha Pro-V 150
    Old Town Predator MinnKota

6. Member
    I’d seriously consider something like the b&w stow Nd go that are height adjustable. My truck empty vs when I haul a camping load with the boat let’s me keep it level.
    I like Big Bass, I cannot lie