Power Pole Hose Upgrade Kit Install

Replaced the old Black/Blue plastic hoses with new Rubber Hose kit on my 2015 Phoenix. Power Pole hooked me up with a great deal by covering partial warranty on the kit. The original install ran line across splash well. Never liked the look plus the rigging tube was in contact with the starboard lines. I got some custom SS plates for hoses through Drew-Tek BBC board sponsor and had a local metal fab shop make a Mirror SS plate to cover old holes in splash well. Installed with 3M body molding tape and sealed all around with Boatlife clear silicone. The upgrade kit includes new stern brackets, Hyd. cylinders, and all the spacers plus hardware to rebuild the poles. Also, sent my pumps back for reconditioning and check over. Power Pole found one pump with an internal leak. Cleaned up both and sent two quarts of Hyd. fluid back all under warranty. Shipped pumps out on Monday USPS ground from NC and had all back by Friday the same week. Great Service! Only thing I would change is some shorter hoses since they come with fittings installed. 20191126_104523_resized.jpg20191224_091137_resized.jpg20191224_091021_resized.jpg20191224_091310_resized.jpg

That's great. I always disliked the cheap plastic tubing that came with my poles. One actually came off while my Merc mechanic was working on my boat. Hydraulic fluid everywhere.
    I don't see the "upgrade kit" on the website. How did you get this hookup?
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixDrew View Post
    That's great. I always disliked the cheap plastic tubing that came with my poles. One actually came off while my Merc mechanic was working on my boat. Hydraulic fluid everywhere.
    I don't see the "upgrade kit" on the website. How did you get this hookup?
    Apparently it's not on their web site yet. I met a PP salesman recently and asked if I could get just the hoses. He said they now have a Hose Upgrade Kit and to call the main number for details. I suggest talking to tech support and warranty if your system isn't that old give them the serial numbers off your paperwork to see if they can work a better deal for you. Also, if hooking up like I did you may want a shorter length of hoses. I believe it comes with 11ft long hoses and i probably could have gotten away with 7ft and that's one of the available options. Good Luck, PM me if you need. Something I realized after install the hoses are labeled UP and Down so you can ID them when hooking up to pump. I got mine wrong so I put a small yellow wire tie on the line that mounts next to the yellow fill cap.
    Last edited by gaston13; 12-25-2019 at 06:43 PM.

4. Member
    I did the same job. Indeed it was. My blue blades were in excellent shape and it was worth it to me to do it plus I got big discounts with warranty coverage on a line cracking. Awesome
    So I did the upgrade and all was great. Then I figured well after all this id like to have the new pumps with the stronger blue tooth signal and the new design pumps. So i sold my set locally. Awesome. Ready to go, from our board sponsors got a new set of 8 blue blades on the way.
    Fast shipping and they arrive.
    Open the boxes and they have the new design plastic shrouded stainless and composite stern brackets. I was furious being I absolutely can not stand the look of them. So I contacted the individual i got them from and he was to contact JL to see if i could retro fit them with the old style. Answer was no they will not sell anymore of the old style brackets. So i was stuck with them.
    So i commence with the install to see if i really hate them that bad or if it was just a change which sometimes i resist and then it grows on me.
    Well its been a couple of months and I still hate them. I think they look like a set of talons on there now. If I had known I would have to have these I would have kept my old ones. So my complaining is a warning to anyone who may read this and end up in the same situation to know that all the pictures you see on the internet that the style with the shroud is what you will get.

Also. Your old travel covers will not fit the new bracket design either. Velcro strap is too short to go around it.

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Your in the minority, as feedback from customers has been great on the new bracket design. It is much improved and advanced over the old stern bracket. Were sorry you dont like it, however Power Pole thanks you for being a loyal customer.

6. Member
    I’m installing a set of new 10’ on my 2000/ 520vx. .i see a lot if the newer installs have either a stainless steel plate or a different flex fitting on there replacement kits. Any idea where I can get something like them . Instead if just usin the supplied grommets?

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dc41 View Post
    I’m installing a set of new 10’ on my 2000/ 520vx. .i see a lot if the newer installs have either a stainless steel plate or a different flex fitting on there replacement kits. Any idea where I can get something like them . Instead if just usin the supplied grommets?
    board sponsor Drewtek should help ya out.

8. Member
    Do you need to drill larger holes’ to get new hoses thru splash well ?..

Quote Originally Posted by birdman920 View Post
    Do you need to drill larger holes’ to get new hoses thru splash well ?..
    Yes, the Hose Kit requires a 3/4" hole since hoses come with brass fittings installed "crimped" on them. The supplied grommet will seal the 3/4" hole.

10. Member
    I also went with the new hose upgrade kit. I like the new hoses over the original black and blue plastic lines. Kit came with new brackets and all of the parts for a rebuild. New fittings are very solid and crimped like mist hydraulic lines are in construction equipment. Techs at Power Pile were very helpful and service was great. Received a discount on the kits as well. Installed on a 2020 Vexus VX 21. Brackets are mounted directly to the transom and hoses go through the transom behind the bracket. Very clean look. No hoses visible at all.

11. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by cheath View Post
    I also went with the new hose upgrade kit. I like the new hoses over the original black and blue plastic lines. Kit came with new brackets and all of the parts for a rebuild. New fittings are very solid and crimped like mist hydraulic lines are in construction equipment. Techs at Power Pile were very helpful and service was great. Received a discount on the kits as well. Installed on a 2020 Vexus VX 21. Brackets are mounted directly to the transom and hoses go through the transom behind the bracket. Very clean look. No hoses visible at all.
    I take it you moved poles from a older boat over to your new Vexus?

12. Banned
    When did PP start using these new hoses on complete poles?

13. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    When did PP start using these new hoses on complete poles?
    beginning of 2017 when the 2.0 models were released

I know this is kind of old but how hard is it to retro fit the old pumps with this kit to make the new hoses work. I keep blowing lines. PP does send me new lines and fittings but man it makes a mess.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

15. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post
    I know this is kind of old but how hard is it to retro fit the old pumps with this kit to make the new hoses work. I keep blowing lines. PP does send me new lines and fittings but man it makes a mess.
    To be honest Tim id sell of your current poles and switch over to new 2.0 poles IMO doesnt really make financial sense to do the upgrades . for what you could sell you old poles for put the 1100 you were gonna spend on top of that plus a little and have all new 2.0 poles with full warranty agian.