Is this a local technique ???

Fishing BFLs in Divisions that go to some of the lakes in south Va and northern NC, I've seen guys using Zoom pink trick worms, weedless on a long shank hook with a twist in the bait. Mostly fished in shallow water along/inside a tree line with good results in the spring time. Never saw this method used anywhere from Canada to Fla. Anyone use it in other areas???

2. Member
    Iaconelli has a video showing this technique.

2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

3. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    I do that technique...BUT NOT WITH PINK LOL. Actually I fish it very shallow with a J-Bend hook kind of like a Fluke. Big blowups from those big shallow ones.
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex

4. Member
    Pretty sure that is used about everywhere? Great technique when they’re around shallow bushes or in the backs of pockets post spawn. An old prerigged worm works well too though I haven’t fished one of those in over a decade

5. Member
    Yep, everywhere for at least the last 40 years.

6. Member
    I have been fishing the pink floating worm as you described about 40 years..learned about it from some fishermen in South Carolina fishing Clark Hill.

7. Member
    It still works on Clarks Hill, but before the herring spawn.

8. Member
    Little pinkie is good anywhere

9. Member
    Floating worms are a Florida staple in the spring.. I prefer the Gambler Floating Worm over the trick worm.. You might give the Merthiolate color a shot too..

10. Member
    Have used bubble gum and white trick worms rigged like that for years and years.

Quote Originally Posted by VictorM. View Post
    Floating worms are a Florida staple in the spring.. I prefer the Gambler Floating Worm over the trick worm.. You might give the Merthiolate color a shot too..
    shhhhh!!!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

12. Member
    When I lived in Florida we used this lots when bass are shallow in standing grass reeds. Used primarily the old Slugo and Zoom trickworm. Always rigged straight so it would come through grass better. Worked it with a twitch-twitch-pause retrieve, just like I do a fluke. White was a productive color for trickworm and shad on Slugo.

13. Member
    I first saw the floating worm in one of Glen Lau's films back in the early 80's. I believe it was "Bigmouth". He was fishing it in some super clear water in the Ocala National Forest. I've been using it ever since. I've caught tons of fish on the floating worm over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by bill.s View Post
    Fishing BFLs in Divisions that go to some of the lakes in south Va and northern NC, I've seen guys using Zoom pink trick worms, weedless on a long shank hook with a twist in the bait. Mostly fished in shallow water along/inside a tree line with good results in the spring time. Never saw this method used anywhere from Canada to Fla. Anyone use it in other areas???
    Been using this technique for 30 years or more.

15. Member
    Here in Georgia on Clark’s Hill there’s something about yellow. A local bait shop sells a yellow sammy

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John Jackson View Post
    Yep, everywhere for at least the last 40 years.
    Over 40 years. Pink or Orange.