Banned

Question Jack Plate question for a 2200. changing to an Atlas

I'm changing to an Atlas for the fact that I need room in the back/bilge area to add another pump for a 2nd power pole. The hyd pump for the Atlas is on the outside where as the bobs is in the bilge area. The current jp plate is a 12 inch setback ( although it seemed to measure out at 11 ). I've been told the further you go back the worst your hole shot is. Atlas offers numerous models ranging from 8,10, 12 and 14. What would be the best fit? My hole shot now isn't great especially with both live wells full. Im running 81 . something (GPS) with a 25 fury. 2018 250 proxs with a gen2 lower unit I'm at about 5900-6000 rpms. I could get more out of it but it gets squirrelly the more I trim but you feel the boat really starting to rip. I also had my wife with me which was another reason not to push it. 82 is plenty fast enough. 82 was also with a live well full.

With all that said, if I drop back to say a 10 or 8 would my hole shot improve. I'm trying to get rid of having to use the trim tabs so I can have them removed. They were put on as after market and they are a pain in the ass. Add this in the equation … In a few months I will be removing the 3 31 trojans which weigh about 75 pnds apiece and replacing them with 15 pnd lithium's. Going with relion. My buddy helped Scroggins put them in his boat. He said Terry loves them smaller and less weight. Charge in a hour.

Thanks

2. Member
    My ‘99 2200 has a 14” manual and a 225 EFI. Hole shot is pretty good, top speed is fantastic. I’ve been 80 with much more to go. 26p 4 blade trophy, 3 optima D31m’s.

can you send me a picture of your engine bay?

3. Member
    Also, I don’t have trim tabs.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    I'm changing to an Atlas for the fact that I need room in the back/bilge area to add another pump for a 2nd power pole. The hyd pump for the Atlas is on the outside where as the bobs is in the bilge area. The current jp plate is a 12 inch setback ( although it seemed to measure out at 11 ). I've been told the further you go back the worst your hole shot is. Atlas offers numerous models ranging from 8,10, 12 and 14. What would be the best fit? My hole shot now isn't great especially with both live wells full. Im running 81 . something (GPS) with a 25 fury. 2018 250 proxs with a gen2 lower unit I'm at about 5900-6000 rpms. I could get more out of it but it gets squirrelly the more I trim but you feel the boat really starting to rip. I also had my wife with me which was another reason not to push it. 82 is plenty fast enough. 82 was also with a live well full.

With all that said, if I drop back to say a 10 or 8 would my hole shot improve. I'm trying to get rid of having to use the trim tabs so I can have them removed. They were put on as after market and they are a pain in the ass. Add this in the equation … In a few months I will be removing the 3 31 trojans which weigh about 75 pnds apiece and replacing them with 15 pnd lithium's. Going with relion. My buddy helped Scroggins put them in his boat. He said Terry loves them smaller and less weight. Charge in a hour.

Thanks
    Bob's are now all in one, pump in the jack plate. I would not switch to the Atlas
    I would stay with the 12", 14" would be better but prop change and worked for sure.

do yourself a favor and get the BOBS ACTION JACK...
    it will perfectly realign with your current bobs and its all in one...i've owned 2 of them and they are better than the original Bobs by way of speed and quietness...
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

6. Member
    I have a bobsand it's all one unit. Also have 2 pumps and 4batteries in my bilge. It can happen but it's tight
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"