Prop suggestions 20xd

I have a 2002 with a 200 efi mercury standard gear case.
    I am running a 25 p trophy but I can’t get lift out of it, I also have a 26 Mazco RE4 that has a lot of lift in it but I can’t get on plan in the hot months, I get 75 mph with it. The trophy can’t even get to 70mph.
    I’m looking for some suggestions as to what prop will be a good prop for speed as well as holeshot.
    Thanks for any help

2. Member
    You will need a Bob's nose cone or other low water pickup lower unit and then run a 27" Tempest higher than you are able to with stock LU.

You should get to 80+ with right set up and very light load. For a tournament load mid seventies will likely be all you get without some engine mods.

3. Member
    What about a bravo prop? I’ve heard you have to drop a pitch or increase a pitch don’t remember which it is.
    I’d like to keep the motor ( no mods) it has had the top pickup holes plugged an deflectors installed to help turn water to the lnlet.

4. Member
    I agree with 1Holeshot. The 20XD NEEDS low water pickup. I would go with a Bravo, likely a 27. Run the centerline of prop shaft around 1-3/8 inches above pad. Might need some 2 deg shims to give a little more "tuck under" on take off. Otherwise it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullred View Post
    What about a bravo prop? I’ve heard you have to drop a pitch or increase a pitch don’t remember which it is.
    I’d like to keep the motor ( no mods) it has had the top pickup holes plugged an deflectors installed to help turn water to the lnlet.
    Take for instance, a factory 28p bravo is actually a 27-27.5. Some just say a 1” pitch lower than stamped.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

6. Member
    Thanks Fellas, I have a few lower units laying around I may check into the low water nose cone.
    I have a another 20xd that I used to run a tempest prop on an it was a good all around prop, predator 4 blade was the best performance prop that I ever put on, but couldn’t keep blades on them. ((What bravo would be the best for my set up as it is?))

7. Member
    What Bravo? Not a clue. I have no experience with a 20 foot Bullet without low water pickup. If you live in Colbert county Alabama, I have a 28 Bravo if it would fit you can try.

8. Member
    Gehol, I replied back to your email. I am in GA. I’ll give you a call when the holidays are over an pick your brain a little.
    Thanks

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullred View Post
    Gehol, I replied back to your email. I am in GA. I’ll give you a call when the holidays are over an pick your brain a little.
    Thanks
    I did not get it, not sure why. I will PM my personal email and contact information

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gehol View Post
    I did not get it, not sure why. I will PM my personal email and contact information
    Okay, I got yours. Thanks

11. Member
    Definitely need a low water pickup. I set up a lot of Bullets and I like the Promax props for the 20' with 2.5 liters. A 25 or 26 Promax has a great holeshot with plenty of bow lift and top end.