2008 Champion 210 Elite?

Hello,

I am in the market for a used but good rough water boat and Iv'e heard these hulls are great. My question is since I have never ridden in a 210 elite, I noticed the transom top cap has kind of a unique design that appears water could easily come over the back and not have anywhere to go if that occurs. Can you Champion owners with hulls of a similar design speak to this, if it is an issue or not really? Any other issues with these hulls concerning rough water or tips for purcahsing a used one?

Thanks

2. Banned
    When you come of plane and set the boat down in the water look over your left shoulder when the wake catches up with the boat give it a little gas. Speeding the boat up just a hair allows the wake to dissipate and will not splash over the back. Every boat on the market will get back splash if it is shut down too fast. If you watch it and goose the throttle after a few times you will get a feel for how much and when to do it you will start doing it naturally without looking.

3. Member
    Thanks for the info Dwight. I guess what I should have asked though is it easier to take water over the back of the Champ 210E because of the design vs other boats and will it get into the compartments?

Totally agree. If I come to an abrupt stop without feathering a bit in my existing Ranger I will take a little water over the back but my existing Ranger has a little reservoir with drain that usually catches it all so my compartments don't take it.

Thanks

4. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I've not had any issue with backwash on mine. I also don't bump the throttle when I stop. I do however trim down and slow down some when I'm approaching where I want to stop. Getting the nose down seems to do the trick. The 210 top cap is quite a bit taller than the 206 and older models, hence the longef slope off the stern.

5. Banned
    I didn't own a 210 but my champ never had a issue with water getting into compartments.

6. Banned
    ​I don’t have a 210, I have a 198. I have to trim down to keep from getting swamped. My Skeeter would get swamped too though if I wasn’t paying attention. I would think dual power poles/talons or a heavy motor might cause some swamping concern.

7. Member
    Before I learned to give my 210 some gas as I stop I’d get a little water in the back compartment but it’s not much and only the battery compartment. Your auto bilge takes care of that problem. It’d wash out any dirt anyway. But as others said, give it a bump just before the wake comes to the back.
    Last edited by Tin Star Cajun; 12-24-2019 at 03:36 AM.

8. Member
    It’s easily avoided as noted above. Trim down as you are coming off plane and no need to bump the throttle.

9. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by STLBassBuster View Post
    It’s easily avoided as noted above. Trim down as you are coming off plane and no need to bump the throttle.

10. Banned
    Never had a problem with my 210. Great boat... Dan

11. 80.3 mph and squeezing bruce''s Avatar
    Seat time
    Fishing Texas lakes one at a time
    2000 Baltex hull 202 Elite Champion
    2016 250 pro
    8 inch Hydraulic Jack Plate
    tempest 27 work by Steve
    Hook sets are fishing reality.

12. Member
    The older narrow champs would have the backwash issues. I can't speak for all widebodies but my 2009 206 has no issues with backwash at all. My narrow 1992 Champ did though and all i had to do is a give it a little gas as the wave came in.

13. Member
    My 01-196 had backwash problems with the 8 inch jackplate but when i went to a different style 10 inch it stopped. I think mainly from the sleaker flatter design on the bottom side of the jackplate not pulling water up .