Falcon Lake Guide Question

Gents..... Thinking about a quick getaway with me and a buddy and Falcon is on the list. For time sake we would fly in and be committed to using a guide for two days... A guide trip is what it is but I was hoping to get some info on who would be recommended of the options and if Falcon has been fishing good enough to make it worth the trip... Feb/early March time frame.... Appreciate the info and help in advance.

I don't have first hand knowledge as I've not been on Falcon in some time and I don't use guides.
    However on the Texas Fishing Forum I have noticed some good reports on the Bass fishing page and there are several full time guides who frequent there.
    Good luck.

3. Banned
    Jimmy Steed
    John Adami
    jay Grieshaw
    numbers aren’t just smoking down there but some quality is. I’m headed that way Christmas Day and be there for a week and I’ll post how it was.

4. Member
    Not to be cynical, but those fish posted on TFF didn't look to be anywhere near a 37# bag. They actually looked like a bunch of dinks held up against the camera lens, but that's the problem with taking pics that way. Impossible to tell.

Either way, Jimmy seems to catch a lot of fish and he'd probably be a good choice. John Adami is good, too. I used him for a 1/2 day trip a couple years ago and wasn't disappointed. Call James Bendele at Falcon Lake Tackle. He'll give you an honest report and perhaps be able to recommend a guide for the time of year that you'll be there.

I don't recommend staying at Oso Blanco.

5. Banned
    Agree with Cliff, OSO is nasty. Call Sarah at Sunbridge, clean rooms and safe area.

6. Member
    John Adami aka Broken Braid guide service if he’s not available then Justin Crawford, Crawford Fishing.

Some of the guides not all of them, compete in the tournaments. Bass Champs will be there 3/28/20 and there is a (12) day off limits just keep that in mind if you are looking at a March date. Sunbridge Inn - Sarah (956-765-1221) would be a great choice if staying on the north end of the lake in Zapata, 30 miles south on the dam end which we all know is the place to be in the spring, Falcon Heights Motel - Carlos (956-848-5229).

Here is a list of guides for you to review:
    http://tackleandrods.com/lake/guides.htm

Debra

8. Banned
    Jimmy steed usually doesn’t fish Champs at Falcon but is planning on doing so for the January tournament.

Not to be cynical, but those fish posted on TFF didn't look to be anywhere near a 37# bag.
    Could be there using the MLF format.. Total wt for three hours.