Thread: Norris Lake

Norris Lake

I usually try and go to a different lake the day after Christmas . This year I was thinking about heading to Norris . I have never been on the lake before and was wondering if anybody could give any info. I usually do decent at Cumberland on mid depth cranks and thought maybe Norris might be a nice change. Thank you for any replies.

Norris can be TOUGH in the winter ... especially if there has been a lot of precipitation that adds color to the water. If you go, I'd stay around the lower end of the lake and use smaller baits like hair jigs and 4" grubs. Stay safe.

3. Member
    Cumberland is a much better lake. But Norris definately has some good fish.

4. Member
    Have had amazing days on Norris around Christmas....couple three years ago son and I had 20 over 18" one day....was amazing. Pt 19 down. Like above said...small baits ... light line...suspended fish and on bottom in 20 to forty.

5. Member
    Some say the smallmouth fishing is better on Norris in the winter. I've never failed to catch some nice ones when I've taken the time to go. Silver buddies and smallish under-spins are what we usually throw.

6. Member
    Last year we fished Norris about every two weeks. We used a crank bait and a spinner bait most all winter. Had a blast I’m going this Saturday if possible it’s going to be 64 degrees
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time