Thread: z185 owners

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dgrabs View Post
    Picking mine up this week. Just couldn’t be beat for the combination of ride, components, feel, resale, etc for the price, IMO. Got a good deal on a 2019 z185 w merc proxs4S

I’m seriously thinking of this same rig. Would you mind telling me what type of package you got? What was included? Not to be nosey but would you mind to give me a ballpark number on what kind of deal you got? That way I can look for something comparable?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RHuff View Post
    I’m seriously thinking of this same rig. Would you mind telling me what type of package you got? What was included? Not to be nosey but would you mind to give me a ballpark number on what kind of deal you got? That way I can look for something comparable?
    I am at 35 before taxes with the merc proxs and zpack. Dealer is also throwing in a power pole blade since I let them keep my talon on my trade in. Base electronics, but they are swapping over my ultrex and carbons for me as well.

they are also offering a 5 year warranty extension on the merc, total 8 years of coverage. I believe that was around 1,500-1600 but I will let you know when I pickup for sure. Not one for buying extended warranties. But 8 years of peace of mind seemed like a no brainer.

3. Member
    I am at 35 before taxes with the merc proxs and zpack. Dealer is also throwing in a power pole blade since I let them keep my talon on my trade in. Base electronics, but they are swapping over my ultrex and carbons for me as well.

they are also offering a 5 year warranty extension on the merc, total 8 years of coverage. I believe that was around 1,500-1600 but I will let you know when I pickup for sure. Not one for buying extended warranties. But 8 years of peace of mind seemed like a no brainer.

Just make sure the warranty is Mercury Platinum. The Gold is almost worthless.

4. Member

You did get you a great deal. My dealer sold all of their 2019s so mine will have to be a 2020 on the lot or a custom order.

5. Member
    z185.jpg

Just picked up, and she is gorgeous :)

6. Member
    Awesome looking boat! Should serve you well

7. Member
    Colors look great with the motor. Congrats!

- 2019 Ranger Z185 - Mercury 150 Pro XS

8. Member
    Thanks guys, just breaking in that MERC still but very happy so far. Huge deck and storage for this size boat!

9. Calvin Roy Harrison

New Z185

Just accepted delivery of my 2021 Ranger Z185. Super happy!
    Last edited by Calvin; 08-18-2021 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Calvin Roy Harrison Retired Border Patrol
    2021 RANGER Z185

Are you guys happy with your boat? My dream boat has always been the 518 but I thought about getting the 185 and upgrading the trolling motor to an ultrex and electronics to price match the 518. Any feed back?
    Its the same issue buying a base truck then adding all the premium options ends up costing more in the long run and without the resale. The package boat is typically the better deal in the long run.
    2012 Ranger Z519 Comanche - Merc. 225 Pro XS - 24 Razor 4 XL/25 Tempest Plus

Are you guys happy with your boat? My dream boat has always been the 518 but I thought about getting the 185 and upgrading the trolling motor to an ultrex and electronics to price match the 518. Any feed back?
    Sent you a PM.
    2018 Ranger Z518C 200hp Rude.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

2022 Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

12. Member
    to respond to "Are you happy with the boat" - I've got a 2019 Z185, and yes I've been very happy with it. I've added a 10" setback plate, two 8' power pole blades, a 36v ultrex (3 lead acid batteries), two 10" helix graphs and she fishes great!! The only thing I wish I had after owning it a couple of years is the 200hp you can get on the 518. I do fish smaller tournaments sometimes, so having the extra speed would be nice, but if you take that out, I have no regrets on this thing at all. Was also my first boat and for the price difference, it was all I needed to get started. Runs 55-56 mph which I think is really good considering the weigh I've put in it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12