Flushing using muffs - tip from the pro’s

Had my motor in with my local Suzuki dealer to have the prop shaft replaced (hit a rock and bent it ).

I have known the dealer principal for many years and have become friends. He is one of the best Suzuki mechanics around, certified as a master technician, and can diagnose and fix problems that others can’t figure out. Decades of experience. Knows Suzuki networking and the new Suzuki SMG4 gauges inside out too.

Anyway he called last Friday week to ask me to bring the boat back in so they could reinstall the leg while I waited, after the replacement shaft was installed.

So I watched them put the leg back on and then get ready to test run it - they got the SMALL ROUND MUFFS out and ....

They put them on the motor from the prop end! Had to move the prop blades to get them past.

I remarked on this and he said this gives a better seal every time compared to putting them on the traditional way (from the leading edge of the motor). And they dont ever tend to slide off when the water pressure is on.

So, note to self and others as to how the experts flush Suzukis using muffs:

1. Use the small, round, soft muffs.

2. put them on from the prop end of the leg.

3. crank up the water pressure.
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 12-30-2019 at 04:17 PM.

Good tip and after looking at it on mine it makes sense.

3. Member
    Interesting for sure.

4. Member
    Stay in Neutral.