New Virginia gun laws

When are you Virginia residents planning to move to Maryland? I thought we had ridiculous gun laws, but your list of bans is a doozie.
    2010 BassCat Puma FTD
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

2. Member
    There are no new Va. gun laws yet and they'll probably move to WVA because they don't want to pay MD taxes.

3. Member
    NOVA needs their own state��

4. mikesxpress
    The Republic of Maryland is not a viable option.

We will stay put and exercise our rights.

I hate it when our elected representatives enact knee jerk reaction laws and regulations. Not many states left that are gun friendly.
    2010 BassCat Puma FTD
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

6. mikesxpress
    $ buys seats at the table. 93% of any elected officials seat is achieved thru campaign contributions. Flyers, mailers, signs, etc.. are the dominant use of these funds. We are a very visually susceptible society and that's what's targeted with great success. The candidate themselves is basically a tool and has little bearing on the outcome.
    Example:
    The Virginia November election for our 28th district delegate was won by a young, little known, democrat with no prior legislative experience, local high school education, and no notable work experience other than being a part time pastor at a small church. His campaign contributions exceeded his republican counterpart by over $1 million dollars. The well known republican candidate with 15+ years of County Supervisor experience lost by 4%.
    Toss in that only 40% of registered voters went to the polls in November (that's 4 in 10) and you have your answer.
    Last edited by mikesxpress; 12-24-2019 at 09:19 AM.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    $ buys seats at the table. 93% of any elected officials seat is achieved thru campaign contributions. Flyers, mailers, signs, etc.. are the dominant use of these funds. We are a very visually susceptible society and that's what's targeted with great success. The candidate themselves is basically a tool and has little bearing on the outcome.
    Example:
    The Virginia November election for our 28th district delegate was won by a young, little known, democrat with no prior legislative experience, local high school education, and no notable work experience other than being a part time pastor at a small church. His campaign contributions exceeded his republican counterpart by over $1 million dollars. The well know, republican candidate with 15+ years of County Supervisor experience lost by 4%.
    Toss in that only 40% of registered voters went to the polls in November (that's 1 in 10) and you have your answer.
    Check your math.

8. Member
    The only place I saw common sense prevail was with the candidate for sheriff armed with $50,000 from George Soros to take down Glenn Hill and lost.

9. mikesxpress
    Hal what was the total each of the candidates contributions?

You can see these here:
    https://www.vpap.org/money/top-donors/
    Last edited by mikesxpress; 12-26-2019 at 07:03 AM.

10. Official BBC Highjacker bassboogieman's Avatar
    Last sentence - Wouldn't 40% = 4 of 10? I only barely graduated High School so I may not be correct.

11. mikesxpress
    Damn it Bruce. You come back from months of MIA just to fix my error. Thanks!!