FWC/F-150/519VX set up

One season on our new Four Wheel Campers Grandby. 2017 F-150 3.5/10 speed with tow package. Unit purchased from go anywhere LLC in WI. Sean Dempsey owner. Sean is their oldest dealer great guy and easy to deal with very knowledgeable. Our Grandby is fully equipped and is the perfect fit for our Ford. Only modifications E tires and air bags on the F-150. Several trips with and without the 519 were exceptional. Handling, power, braking all exceeded expectations.

Sean and myself on pick day.

Combo fits in our shop with a 8’ opening with 3” to spare.

Popped up in a 10’ shop also clears.

6x8 awning a plus.

Launch and load easy with the rig. Stock mirrors give the same visual as without the FWC.

Shallow ramps with the F-150 4x4with locking differential no problem. Bring hip boots.
    Interiors are very customizable. Lots of options to accommodate your needs.

FWC interiors are well appointed and storage is abundant. This unit is perfect for our needs. Some key features: king cabover bed, front dinette, hot water, two burner stove, furnace with stat, two way refrigerator, compartment for a portable toilet, LED lighting inside and out, two fantastic ceiling fans, thermal interior liner, roof mounted solar panel with two AGM batteries and much more. The main structure is a fully welded aluminum cage with foam insulation. The roof is a one piece aluminum no seams. The FWC company has been building these units since the 70s. They are well respected in the industry and resale of these units are highly sought after. The flexibility to break down and be mobile quickly is the real plus with this set up.

These units are of high quality and come with a matching price point. But if you wander around like I do this is a great option. Hook up and go! And sleeping next to you’re boat enhances security for your set up.
    Wayne
    Last edited by WjColdWater; 12-20-2019 at 05:40 PM.

2. Member
    Great looking rig!! Congrats!!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamB View Post
    Great looking rig!! Congrats!!
    Thanks!

4. Member
    Awesome
    2017 Z521C with Evinrude G2 250 HO
    2020 RT198 with Merc 150 Pro XS

Nice looking setup.

Looks great, FWC is very popular out west.

7. Member
    How do you get it in and out of the truck?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    How do you get it in and out of the truck?
    The four corners have manual pole jacks. These are visible on my first pick white in color. Jack the unit up and drive out from under the unit. Reverse the process to reinstall.

Here is a better pic of the jacks. The camper is lowered onto a dolly for storage.

The jacks are easy to operate using a special bit in a 18V cordless drill. The whole install and removal process takes 30 minutes.

9. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    That's an awesome setup.....
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatBuggy View Post
    That's an awesome setup.....
    Thanks!

11. Member
    very similar to my Jayco J popup truck camper. I had a 87 F150 Supercab 4wd with a 8' bed. towed my Skeeter and camped alot, nice to leave work on Friday with camper already loaded. drive to lake, drop the boat in the water and drive it around to camp site.

12. Member
    Very nice and Very functional setup.
    What are the sleeping area dimensions?
    Do not take your half in the middle ....

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerRic View Post
    Very nice and Very functional setup.
    What are the sleeping area dimensions?
    Thanks! The cabover has three adjustable bed sizes. The single arrangement is 48x78 the queen is 62x78 and the king is 76x78. The bed can be changed by sliding the bottom structure and adding additional cushions. The king arrangement allows for north, south sleeping. The others are a east, west arrangement. The front dinette converts to a additional bed.

14. Member
    Very nice setup. The Granby is the largest model right? Do you have an 8 foot truck bed? I was under the impression that the Granby is for 8' bed models only.
    I have been looking at four wheel campers for some time. Apparently the quality is top notch and like you said, good resale if you decide to make a change.
    Do you typically leave the camper on the truck for extended periods of time? Many years ago I had a hard side truck camper but I would not want to keep a hardside on the truck all the time. Looks like you have a nice garage for it as well and that is the key to keeping in in good shape for years to come.

FWC says you can run the Granby on a 6.5 bed by leaving the tailgate on.

16. Member
    Nice rig!

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by water rat View Post
    Very nice setup. The Granby is the largest model right? Do you have an 8 foot truck bed? I was under the impression that the Granby is for 8' bed models only.
    I have been looking at four wheel campers for some time. Apparently the quality is top notch and like you said, good resale if you decide to make a change.
    Do you typically leave the camper on the truck for extended periods of time? Many years ago I had a hard side truck camper but I would not want to keep a hardside on the truck all the time. Looks like you have a nice garage for it as well and that is the key to keeping in in good shape for years to come.
    Ideally a 8’ bed would be the best option. I take the camper off when not in use. As you mentioned the shop storage is a key for keeping it in “A” shape for resale. And yes quality build is great at a cost. And resale on my unit someday will be great for me and the future owner. Very happy with it we are cruising FL. now all working as expected. Lots of people out here asking about this camper most units are out west.