Hydraulic Steering Question

I am abut to order a hydraulic steering system for my boat. For the correct length hoses, I measured from the center of the steering wheel around to the center of the motor. I measured the route that the hoses will be run. It measured 13 feet rounded up. The hoses come in 14, 16. etc... I was assuming that the 14 foot would work but not sure if it is required to have more extra cable than that. Any ideas on if I should get the 14 or 16 foot hoses? I don't really want a bunch of hose coiled up in the back end if it isn't required.
    Thanks

2. Pat Goff
    Your steering cables are printed with the length on them. There's your guide.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

3. Member
    Not exactly Mr Goff. Steering cables connect at a fixed location,hydraulic hoses have to long enough to flex. To the OP,I would go with the 14’s or two feet longer than your cables.

4. Member
    I am by no means a boat mechanic, But I just installed a Seastar PRO in my 18' Champion and the measured path my hoses we to go measured 13' 4" I ordered 16' hoses and glad I did... just a larger loop under the console and a major improvement in steering.

Run a stiff wire though thru the entire route for the hoses then measure the length and round up
    Thank You Leon Pugh

6. Member
    Add 2 feet from the center of the motor.