phoenix 921 pro xp how high are you trmming

18 921 pro xp 250 xs 2 stroke

Are you having problems with chine or are you running out of trim?

The reason I ask is most models the trim is very sensitive at wot- generally running a couple bumps down from FT. Yet, we have a long time member who actually added wedges to get more trim from his 921.

I find I get better speed and control running with minimal trim. BUT I raise the motor more than my previous Rangers. You need to play with it and find the sweet spots.
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

4. Member
    Okay i was told very little trim. at 1/4 to 3/8 maybe 1/2 at times any more boat chines like crazy. at about 65 i have to start making corrections but manageable to about 69 .thats with a 24 fury tach about 5950. boat came with a 25 fury 3 hole shot was no good went to a 4 blade help some but never could get the rpms up on the motor past 5400.. going to try a hydraulic jp and see what happens. seems like all the forums i read that are claiming middle 70 are all 4 stroke sho or mercury. this is the fist mercury i have every owned. FYI PTP 2 3/4

5. Member
    Make sure your load is pretty equal side to side and heavy stuff in the back. That can make a big difference

6. Member
    Rod boxes are empty for the most part i only carry pretty much what im going to be using for the day.and a couple of extras in the rod box center compartment i have all soft plastic and crank baits the one in front of that two sets of rain gear.rear compartments one side is fuel additives transomsaver graph covers . the other is extra life jacket flotation cushion and 2 weight bags.

I get mid 70’s in my 921, using minimal trim. 2014 Mercury Pro XS, Tempest 25, manual JP
    Phoenixed
    2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird Helix 12 Chirp Mega SI
    Humminbird Helix 12 Chirp Mega DI

When the water is flat, sit down and have a 4 foot level in the boat. Adjust weight accordingly. May have to add weight to the Port side.

9. Member
    (UPDATE) Took the boat out Sunday while idling back into a creek boat died and would not restart ... had it in to the dealer for this problem before with the exception it always restarted.so this time i took the boat to a small local independent shop witch is an authorized mercury warranty center, after explaining the running problem i told him about the chine walk issue, he proceeded to the back of the raised the motor off the transom saver. and grabbed the lower unit and jerked back and forth WOW!! no wonder. steering has tons of air in it, this guy has a lot of knowledge when it comes to performance boats. boat was brand new and ask before and was told yea normal. so long story short i am just going to pay him out of my pocket to fix the steering.

10. Member
    I run a G2 and they love to be trimmed high. I run mine between 70 and 80%
    Risen From The Ashes!!

11. Member
    I trim mine in increments. To get Maximum speed I build up little by little until I am at WOT and full trim. From there I bump it back down to get the last 1-2 MPH.
    maximum speed so far is 74. That’s loaded. I’m guessing I could get 75+ by myself with any empty boat.
    all that being said I can run mid to high 60’s at half trim. Low 60’s with little trim.
    when I first got my boat I had my hydro jack plate all the way down and the boat chine walked like crazy in the mid 50’s

2016 921 ProXP 250 2 Stroke Merc.
    2016 Phoenix 921 Pro XP
    2016 Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Minn Kota , Lowrance