Which launch should I use for Clinton Lake?

Planning on heading down to Clinton Lake this weekend for the first time ever. Any suggestions on which launch to use? Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    I always use the state park ramp.

3. Member
    Thanks. I think that is where we will put in.

Use the marina ramp. It is protected from the wind (any direction) and the $5.00 launch fee has been waived until March 1st. The lake is fishing best between Mascoutin ramp and DeWitt right now, because that is where the water is warmest.

5. Member
    Thanks. Looks like it is going to be great weather!

6. Member
    Does anyone fish there much this time of year. I've never been this time of year and I'm thinking about going Christmas day. Is the whole hot arm still open right now or is it closed? I don't want to make the drive if there's not some fairly warm water to fish.

Everywhere is open except the areas east/north of the Dewitt Bridge (Friends Creek Rd.). You'll see buoy's & a cable blocking access under the bridge.
    We were there Saturday. Temps ranged from 55-deg water near bridge all the way down to ice in back of some of the coves near the west intake. Caught fish on both ends, nothing huge but nice to get out.
    Mascoutin launch is nearest to the warm water.... good luck & tight lines.
    -Ryan W.
    Phoenix 920 Pro XP
    Mercury 250R
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112# iPilot Link
    Garmin GPSMap 1243xsv + 1243xsv @ Helm
    Garmin GPSMap 7616xsv + 1243xsv / Dual Livescope+ @ Bow

Quote Originally Posted by illinoisbassfishin View Post
    Does anyone fish there much this time of year. I've never been this time of year and I'm thinking about going Christmas day. Is the whole hot arm still open right now or is it closed? I don't want to make the drive if there's not some fairly warm water to fish.
    I was out of town all of last week, but Ill probably fish tomorrow and a little bit on Christmas day. The short answer is YES, we have had some really great days in the dead of Winter. The warmest (fishable) water is at Dewitt and water temps are usually under 40 around the marina. The marina ramp has no user fee until March.

20191121_085745.jpg

This is my current truck/boat, so stop and say hi if you see me out there.

10. Member
    Water was 57 by the bridge yesterday. People were doing ok on crappies. Bass were slow. Saw a lot of bait fish on the finder.

Water was 56 at DeWitt today, 43 at marina, and 39 at the dam. I spent most of my time side-scanning today and only fished a couple spots. Caught 2 small keepers and a few non-keepers. I had a big Striper grab my Alabama Rig and that was fun while it lasted, but it straightened my hook after its 2nd or 3rd run under the boat. We used run into the big Stripers fairly often at Clinton, but this one today was the first that I've hooked up with in the past 4-5 years.

12. Member
    Anyone make it out? Any luck?

I was so tempted to run over there for awhile today, but we had family coming over for Christmas dinner and I thought it was probably in my best interest to just stick around the house. Calling for 60's tomorrow so I'll be ducking out of work early and at least hit it for an hour or two.