Lake Placid area

I will be in the Lake Placid area for the month of January with my bass boat. Are there any really good bass lakes I should make a point of fishing that maybe are small but have a ramp that will launch a bass boat? Even an hour away? I usually stay on Okeechobee but with the low water level again this winter I'm trying a new area. If you want to private message me to not put your favorite lake on notice to everyone please do so.
    Rob Campbell - (2015) 21 Skeeter Fxi

2. Member
    Lake Istokpolga is not a small lake but is fairly close to that area. Istokpolga isn’t the lake it was in years past, mostly due to spraying and the last hurricane. But we still always catch a fair amount of 3-6 lb fish on our trips there and have caught several in the 8-9 lb range. It can be a mud hole at times but if you can find clear water you can usually catch some bass.

Lake Placid it's self has been do very well.

4. Member
    Tons of good lakes in that region. Placid like superbee said. Lake June in winter, Josephine, Huntley. Go north a little You have Crooked, Reedy and Arbuckle. Google earth is your friend. Most of the lakes ramps. https://public.myfwc.com/LE/boatramp/public/ they even show you what that ramp looks like.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

5. GTB
    Pm me if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottOz View Post
    Tons of good lakes in that region. Placid like superbee said. Lake June in winter, Josephine, Huntley. Go north a little You have Crooked, Reedy and Arbuckle. Google earth is your friend. Most of the lakes ramps. https://public.myfwc.com/LE/boatramp/public/ they even show you what that ramp looks like.
    Thanks for all the suggestions.
    Rob Campbell - (2015) 21 Skeeter Fxi

7. Member
    How has your fishing been around lake placid. Any info appreciated staying on lake June. Just got here from Missouri.

Quote Originally Posted by countytuck View Post
    How has your fishing been around lake placid. Any info appreciated staying on lake June. Just got here from Missouri.
    Get out there and start graphing for brush piles.......