Thread: Which one?

Which one?

Like to get a map card with 1 ft contours before heading to Lake Egypt this week. Lakemaster doesn’t cover this lake and I’m not familiar with Navionics. Thanks

2. Member
    Anyone? I have never been there. I know zero about this lake. I’d feel better about it if i had a decent map card. Thanks

Navionics site list the lakes each map card covers. No real danger the shallow areas are marked. Fish windy side
    I use an i-Boating naviotonics app. It has detailed information to preview a lake.
    Last edited by illinifish; 12-20-2019 at 06:53 PM.
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

I have the Navionics+ card and it was fairly accurate when we were on Egypt last November. You also get free updates for a year after registering... I've found its better date than Lakemaster on most lakes.
    -Ryan W.
    Phoenix 920 Pro XP
    Mercury 250R
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112# iPilot Link
    Garmin GPSMap 1243xsv + 1243xsv @ Helm
    Garmin GPSMap 7616xsv + 1243xsv / Dual Livescope+ @ Bow

I have a lake home on Lake of Egypt and fish the lake every other week. The Navionics map is the only one I've found that has some detail for the lake, but it is not in 1' increments. As far as I know, there are no detailed maps available for this lake. However, about 6 weeks ago, I saw a boat on the lake that was mapping the lake....so we can hope for newer detailed maps in the future. As far as the navionics map, it is somewhat accurate, but I have found that it can be off by up to +50'. If you are using a hummingbird unit, this is easily corrected using the map offset function, just go to the standing bring on the North end of the lake, position your boat under the bridge, then correct for map offset.