Olivet Discourse

For those who may be interested in the End Times, Last Days, Day of the Lord ect. Please read closely Mathew 24 & 25 , Mark 13 and Luke 21. Then watch this series.

"Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true".

Enjoy ! Its called the Gospel because it is GREAT NEWS

2. Member

3. Member

4. Member
    The wonderful thing about the Bereans, whom Paul spoke and taught them during is trip to Macedonia in Berea, Northern Greece, they would take the time to examine whatever may have been offered as gospel or other teachings to ferret out any falsehood with it. Once they did that, they would embrace it or refute it based on facts and findings.
    After listening to some of these conversations by this " Dr ", in my opinion, they seem to be in conflict with the Holy Scriptures and the actual words of Jesus.
    Though I don't have an 'honorary doctorate' ( Honoris causa - a nice recognition that probably looks good hanging on a wall.), and based on my limited full reading of the entire scriptures (8-10 times) I conclude there is conflict against GOD's word.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    The wonderful thing about the Bereans, whom Paul spoke and taught them during is trip to Macedonia in Berea, Northern Greece, they would take the time to examine whatever may have been offered as gospel or other teachings to ferret out any falsehood with it. Once they did that, they would embrace it or refute it based on facts and findings.
    After listening to some of these conversations by this " Dr ", in my opinion, they seem to be in conflict with the Holy Scriptures and the actual words of Jesus.
    Though I don't have an 'honorary doctorate' ( Honoris causa - a nice recognition that probably looks good hanging on a wall.), and based on my limited full reading of the entire scriptures (8-10 times) I conclude there is conflict against GOD's word.

Hello Dig, Please point out each point that the fake Dr. made that is in conflict with GOD's word. Inquiring minds want to know.

6. Member
    Dig, someone who has read the bible 8 to 10 times might be suspect to not understanding the scriptures.

In GOD's word we see men who studied the scriptures (Old Testament) for decades.....................It is doubtful you have had the time like the Bereans who "
    examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true
    " to examine if the fake Dr. was speaking truth.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    Dig, someone who has read the bible 8 to 10 times might be suspect to not understanding the scriptures.

In GOD's word we see men who studied the scriptures (Old Testament) for decades.....................It is doubtful you have had the time like the Bereans who "
    examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true
    " to examine if the fake Dr. was speaking truth.
    I read daily and spent time in prayer daily. It is not in my right to judge someone opinion, especially someone that has attended a preaching college, which I believe it was a similar college that Jim Bakker received his credentials; nor will I waste any further time debating something that can be perceived as putting down anyone to edify myself; For I pray that any of my works in the WORD will always edify GOD and Christ.
    Since we all proclaim to be servants of GOD the Father first and servants on to Christ the begotten son of GOD, to our masters we shall stand or fall; Therefore, our time will come when we shall be on bended knee before Christ and let GOD be the judge.

Nevertheless, remember the words Paul spake in the Spirit " even if an angel from heaven preaches any other gospel than that which we have preached to you, let him be Anathema Maranatha."
    Respectfully
    Last edited by digthemup; 12-20-2019 at 07:35 PM.

8. Member
    Dig those are nice spiritual words you spoke. Here I will copy and paste them.

"It is not in my right to judge someone opinion, especially someone that has attended a preaching college, which I believe it was a similar college that Jim Bakker received his credentials; nor will I waste any further time debating something that can be perceived as putting down anyone to edify myself; For I pray that any of my works in the WORD will always edify GOD and Christ."

It is your right to judge someones opinion of the scritpures. The apostle Paul went into the towns and synagouges all the time debating the religious opinons in his day. You speak as though you believe if somone doesnt agree with your current view of the bible they are preaching another gospel LOL . You say its not your right to judge, but judge is exactly what you have written in your two post here. You judged his accomplishments , you make fun of preacher schools............Here is another fine Christian remark you made ..........................

"
    Though I don't have an 'honorary doctorate' ( Honoris causa - a nice recognition that probably looks good hanging on a wall.)"

When you make fun of Mr. Preston (not his doctrine) but his character or his placing him with likes of Jim Baker you should be ashamed, you dont even know the man nor his ministry nor his family. And then you want to talk about Anathema ? ROFL

Thats messed up.

9. Member
    I hope as you mature in Christ you may learn to debate theology not resort to Ad Homs ……………………..

Ad hominem" is a term used in debate and law that refers to the practice of
    trying to invalidate a person's argument by attacking his or her personal failings or characteristics
    Last edited by godsdozer; 12-21-2019 at 12:42 AM.

10. Member
    Since you have read the bible 8 or 10 times and with much prayer...……………….I bet you read this .

38 “Teacher,” said John, “we saw someone driving out demons in your name. We told him to stop, because he was not one of us.”39 “Do not stop him,” Jesus said. “For no one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me. 40 Anyone who is not against us is for us. 41 What I’m about to tell you is true. Suppose someone gives you a cup of water in my name because you belong to the Messiah. That person will certainly not go without a reward.

"That person will certainly not go without a reward"
    ...……………...Jesus wants to reward them, and you want to pronounce Anathema on Mr. Preston or send Mr. Preston to Hell (your definition of Hell anyway) because he doesn't believe what you believe.

Dang, Dig...…………...…..your gonna Anathema 99% of the people who actually Love Jesus, proclaim the Gospel ect just because they disagree with a opinion of yours that you came up with while reading the scriptures 8 or 10 times. Pray about that.

Methodist , baptist, pentecostals , Lutherans, non denominational and those who dont attend a church because they think they know more than those denominations all disagree on many theological issues...………………... you gonna Anathema all those ?
    Last edited by godsdozer; 12-20-2019 at 10:59 PM.

11. Member
    Dig you said .........................."
    Therefore, our time will come when we shall be on bended knee before Christ and let GOD be the judge."

If you would read Revelation (along with myriad of other N.T. text) you would understand the Judgement seat of Christ and the Great White throne judgment took place 2000 years ago. Please read Revelation (inspired writers, not me not you, ) Chapter 1 vs 1-6 to get a time reference of when those things were to take place.

12. Member
    Revelation chapter 22:7

“Look, I am coming soon!

Revelation chapter 22: 10
    Then he told me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this scroll, because the time is near.

Revelation chapter 22 :
    “Look, I am coming soon!
    My reward is with me,
    and I will give to each person according to what they have done.

Revelation chapter 22 : 17
    The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.

Revelation chapter 22 : 20
    He who testifies to these things says,
    “Yes, I am coming soon.”

Revelation chapter 22:
    Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.
    21 The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God’s people. Amen.

Please read and pray about those text. Maybe God will give you insight.

13. Member
    Proverbs 13:12 Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life.

Wonder where the psalmist got the language of "tree of life " ?

How about Genesis/Revelation ?

Those first century believers were taught by Jesus and His disciples that His return was immanent. The psalmists knew that would happen hundreds of years later and penned those words.

14. Member
    The book of Daniel was written about 500 years before Jesus came to earth as a man. Daniel prophesied about His second appearing, raising of the dead ect ect. When Daniel received his vision...…………………...God ( not man ) told him too :

Then I, Daniel, looked, and there before me stood two others, one on this bank of the river and one on the opposite bank. 6 One of them said to the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, “How long will it be before these astonishing things are fulfilled?”7 The man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, lifted his right hand and his left hand toward heaven, and I heard him swear by him who lives forever, saying, “It will be for a time, times and half a time.[b] When the power of the holy people has been finally broken, all these things will be completed.”8 I heard, but I did not understand. So I asked, “My lord, what will the outcome of all this be?”9 He replied, “Go your way, Daniel, because the words are rolled up and sealed until the time of the end.10 Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand.

Revelation 22:1010
    Then he told me, "
    Do not seal up the words
    of the prophecy of this scroll, because the time is near.

And there are those who say Jesus hasnt returned ?
    Last edited by godsdozer; 12-21-2019 at 10:41 AM.

15. Member

Dang, Dig...…………...…..your gonna Anathema 99% of the people who actually Love Jesus, proclaim the Gospel ect just because they disagree with a opinion of yours that you came up with while reading the scriptures 8 or 10 times. Pray about that.

Methodist , baptist, pentecostals , Lutherans, non denominational and those who dont attend a church because they think they know more than those denominations all disagree on many theological issues...………………... you gonna Anathema all those ?
    This is your accusation, not mine. For I never said such foolishness that you have spued about any denomination, since I don't spend much time debating theological theories in order to convince anyone about religion. Religions has been the core of much hate and wars, yet, those that tried to bring salvation, by it brought much shame upon themself.
    Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have wenot prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you;depart from Me’

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    This is your accusation, not mine. For I never said such foolishness that you have spued about any denomination, since I don't spend much time debating theological theories in order to convince anyone about religion. Religions has been the core of much hate and wars, yet, those that tried to bring salvation, by it brought much shame upon themself.
    Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have wenot prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you;depart from Me’

Theological theories …………………...not sure what you are talking about . None of my post are theories so maybe you are talking about someone or something else .

17. Member
    Theological theories …………………...not sure what you are talking about . None of my post are theories so maybe you are talking about someone or something else .
    Excellent, I am glad the matter has been concluded, therefore lets move on. Thank you.