Vault zerk sizes and Bearing Buddy vs EZ lube

I have Vault Hubs installed on a 2011 dual-axle Marine Master Phoenix trailer.

I'm in the process of converting to a EZ lube configuration but have conflicting information regarding the zerk fitting on the end of the spindle.

Waymires has a Vault brochure stating 1/8"
    http://www.waymires.com/support_docu...structions.pdf

and another copy I found on the web states 1/16"
    http://www.drew-tek.com/parts/wp-con...rvice-Info.pdf

Which is it.

Also, will Bearing Buddies ultimately be better than EZ lube?

Thanks

2. Member
    Neither. 1/4" Zerk fits mine. I am changing from Vault to Bearing Buddies. Haven't removed the hub as yet. I don't know where the grease enters the hub on the vault system. On the E Z Lube the grease is channeled to the rear bearing and then out to the front bearing. The EZ Lube doesn't need pressure like the Bearing Buddy system. I don't know if the grease on the Vault spindle flows that way or into the center of the hub. the Vault diagrams seem to show the middle of the hub. Think I'm just going Bearing Buddy. but the Zerk is 1/4".
    Last edited by RFSims; 12-19-2019 at 07:43 PM.

I think it is a 1/4-28 tapered thread on the zerk fitting but the threads in the spindle are straight.
    I changed the vault system on one of my trailers over to EZ-Lube and it was a very positive outcome. All you have to do is screw the zert into the end of the spindle and leave it instead of removing it as in the Vault instructions and replacing the SS hubs with an EZ-Lube hub. The spindle has the same drill patterns and grease deliver system as the EZ-Lube. No big deal to change over and I think you will be satisfied with the result.

Last edited by Bill Reynolds; 12-20-2019 at 06:12 PM.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

4. Member
    My Zerks are 1/4-28 straight. Screw right into the spindles. thanks for the info on drill pattern.

Here is additional information on the Zerk fittings.
    I can’t explain the vault hub instruction manual, other than the thread size they state is wrong. Go Figure.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

Thanks for all the help. Everything I need has been ordered.

I'll report back...