BEST high quality Bunk Carpet ??

Hey guys, My buddy needs to replace the cheap bunk carpet on his 2018 Nitro ZV19 trailer as it was scratching his boat and was just to thin, What is the BEST high quality brand bunk carpet to use ?

Thanks.
    2003 Lowe Stinger 170W - 2002 Mercury 75 HP ELPTO - Garmin Echomap 73sv - Lowrance Hook 2 - Minn kota Ultrex 80lb

2. Member
    GatorBak or BassCat/Ranger

Carpet is gonna scratch. Gatorbacks will too but have less of a chance to create blisters.
    Last edited by 06 SB; 12-19-2019 at 07:30 PM.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

https://www.basscatstore.com/trailer...rpetcolor.aspx

These kits are specific to Bass Cat trailers, but Alan in parts can put together a "kit" that will work for your trailer.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

Gatorbacks....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

Bass cat carpet for sure.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

7. Member
    Thanks for the suggestions guys ! As for the Gatorbak bunk covers, Does anyone that suggested them have experience with them, and could tell me the plus and minus with them compared to carpet ? They seem interesting in the way that they wont hold the sand/minerals like carpet does and I think that is 70% of what was scratching his boat all up.
    2003 Lowe Stinger 170W - 2002 Mercury 75 HP ELPTO - Garmin Echomap 73sv - Lowrance Hook 2 - Minn kota Ultrex 80lb

Not sure anything is foolproof. I believe there was at least one major boat manufacture that went with a non carpet cover and soon went back !!.
    Last few I recovered.. Made sure not to cover the bottom of the board to allow faster drying of the carpet. hopefully to keep the blister issue at bay. with that said I've never had a blister issue with Allison.

9. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LoweStinger View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions guys ! As for the Gatorbak bunk covers, Does anyone that suggested them have experience with them, and could tell me the plus and minus with them compared to carpet ? They seem interesting in the way that they wont hold the sand/minerals like carpet does and I think that is 70% of what was scratching his boat all up.
    The original covers weren’t supposed to be used for power loading. Not sure about the new generation.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

10. mikesxpress
    As with anything social media related, you have to shift thru the BS to get to actual end user data vs speculation from non-users.

I've had Gatorbak's on my Z21 Intracoastal since March 2014. My installation of these synthetic bunks was done as a result of expensive hull reparations due to osmotic blistering caused by carpeted bunks.
    The 1st generation material was not power loadable. The latest Gatorbak XP bunks (which are currently installed on my trailer) are power loadable. If you have any questions on these send me an email.