Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    i have mostly been a reader of BBC and rarely post, but this sight has given me a lot of information over the years, so feel like I owe a little back.

i just got back from Idaho last night after a 10 1/2 hour drive towing my new Ballistic 223. I can assure you they take care of their customers, regardless of who they are. I am just a guy that loves boats and bass fishing. Jim and Van opened up on a Saturday just so I could pick up my boat when it worked for me. Not only were they both there to meet me, a couple other people that worked hard on my boat also came in, just to see the customers (my) face when I saw the boat for the first time completely done, that’s pride at its best. I was blown away to say the least. I will end with this, these people are good people all the way around, and I am only sharing my experience for those of you that are considering a custom Ballistic boat.
    I will share pictures before the days over.

Glad to hear this. Thank you for posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by JCClark View Post
    i have mostly been a reader of BBC and rarely post, but this sight has given me a lot of information over the years, so feel like I owe a little back.

i just got back from Idaho last night after a 10 1/2 hour drive towing my new Ballistic 223. I can assure you they take care of their customers, regardless of who they are. I am just a guy that loves boats and bass fishing. Jim and Van opened up on a Saturday just so I could pick up my boat when it worked for me. Not only were they both there to meet me, a couple other people that worked hard on my boat also came in, just to see the customers (my) face when I saw the boat for the first time completely done, that’s pride at its best. I was blown away to say the least. I will end with this, these people are good people all the way around, and I am only sharing my experience for those of you that are considering a custom Ballistic boat.
    I will share pictures before the days over.

2018 21' GatorTrax Strike Series, 250 Yamaha SHO

3. Member
    Guys,
    Let me clear something up here and make sure it’s VERY clear..Jim Wells did not JUMP a customer or blind side him in any way! Jim and the custom(Brian is actually a dealer) made this decision together. Jim hasn’t left him out to dry or screwed over him in any way. They made the decision to get the Pro’s boat out in time for him to start the season. That’s not screwing over customer in any way. Jim Wells is 100% about customer service. It was a smart business decision in my opinion and I applaud Brian for working with Jim. Brian understands the importance and exposure of having a boat on this tour, and knows it’ll help grow company and brand.

Jim
    Last edited by falconpilot; 01-20-2020 at 12:01 AM.
    Blazer 650 PRO /Nizpro SC SHO

4. Member
    JCCLARK

Your going to be blown away by this boat. I love the silver! Bit that thing blinds you on sunny day..awesome color scheme! please reach out if I can ever be of any help!

5. Member
    Looks like I opened my mouth again before having all the facts. Glad to see this was agreed upon with the customer/dealer. Sorry for the negativity. Wish I could see one of these up close, I will be following to see some reviews. They really need to get a better website tho
    Pool 10

6. Member
    McGregor - no worries..I just wanted everyone to know how and why since the matter came up - Jim's customer service is second to none and he treats everyone the same-whether you a pro or a regular joe like I am. Not sure you are located, but anytime you close to me or I'm in your neck of the woods you are welcome to crawl all over and ride and drive mine..I can't disagree on the website part - think they are so busy trying to keep up getting boats out that its not much of a priority..

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mc Gregor View Post
    Looks like I opened my mouth again before having all the facts. Glad to see this was agreed upon with the customer/dealer. Sorry for the negativity. Wish I could see one of these up close, I will be following to see some reviews. They really need to get a better website tho

yes and yes!!!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

8. Member
    Falconpiolet

Thanks, I can’t wait to get it out on the water. I am hoping to break the motor in this weekend.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by falconpilot View Post
    McGregor - no worries..I just wanted everyone to know how and why since the matter came up - Jim's customer service is second to none and he treats everyone the same-whether you a pro or a regular joe like I am. Not sure you are located, but anytime you close to me or I'm in your neck of the woods you are welcome to crawl all over and ride and drive mine..I can't disagree on the website part - think they are so busy trying to keep up getting boats out that its not much of a priority..
    Appreciate the offer falcon. I Have no plans to be in Arkansas but if your up around pool 10 on the upper Mississippi River this summer or Guntersville the next 2 months shoot me a message and I would be happy to go for a ride
    Pool 10

10. Member
    I’ll be on Guntersville in March! I’ll shoot you a message when we get closer..

11. Member
    Hey Falconpilot, where in Arkansas do you live? I'm in mountain home, and fixing to buy a new boat. Would love to see your rig.
    Thanks

12. Member
    Live in Arkadelphia..work out of Little Rock..be glad to meet you and show you boat..

13. Member
    This is 100% true. Brian owns Duck River Marine in Columbia, TN and they are a Ballistic dealer. Brian is up to his elbows in boats that they rebuild, pimp and sell. if you follow Duck River Marine on facebook you will often see Brian out breaking in a rejuvinated Bullet, Triton, Stratos, etc. Brian isn't a guy that is hurting for a boat to fish out of, so I'm sure Brian was fine with making sure a customer got the boat first, think it went to California and the boat and owner are pictured on the Duck River Page two days ago. If anyone wants to see Brian's devotion to Ballistic just go to the facebook page or duckrivermarinecustoms.com
    Quote Originally Posted by falconpilot View Post
    Guys,
    Let me clear something up here and make sure it’s VERY clear..Jim Wells did not JUMP a customer or blind side him in any way! Jim and the custom(Brian is actually a dealer) made this decision together. Jim hasn’t left him out to dry or screwed over him in any way. They made the decision to get the Pro’s boat out in time for him to start the season. That’s not screwing over customer in any way. Jim Wells is 100% about customer service. It was a smart business decision in my opinion and I applaud Brian for working with Jim. Brian understands the importance and exposure of having a boat on this tour, and knows it’ll help grow company and brand.

Jim

14. Member
    Thats a sweet looking boat, congrats.

While I'm done with glass boats (new Gator Trax Strike Series 21' being built right now), I've been closely following this brand for several years. Having been a long time owner of an Allison BasSport Pro for many years, and a boat that I believe is the best boat money can buy, I would seriously consider one of these new Ballistic Boats. The build process, along with a front deck that allows an old guy like me to fish off of without falling in, caught my attention. I wish the company the best, and congrats to current and future owners!

16. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I hope a customer always come before a dealer stock boat.

17. Banned
    Guys come on ..jim didn’t dump me or anyone else just for a pro..it’s pretty simple yea this is my personal 204 being built..yes he called me and explained I said sure that’s fine not like Im gonna run out and start fishin anyways. I’ve got plenty boats to use if I want ..it was important to get Lee in his classic boat for 2020 for guntersville..that’s the problem with the internet people type before even knowing the truth or conversations they just assume

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by satisfied View Post
    Guys come on ..jim didn’t dump me or anyone else just for a pro..it’s pretty simple yea this is my personal 204 being built..yes he called me and explained I said sure that’s fine not like Im gonna run out and start fishin anyways. I’ve got plenty boats to use if I want ..it was important to get Lee in his classic boat for 2020 for guntersville..that’s the problem with the internet people type before even knowing the truth or conversations they just assume
    i posted that 2-3 times and it seems to be ignored??
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

19. Member
    Jim with Ballistic has awesome customer service and thats why I bought one. These boats are different than anything offered on the market today. There are a few manufacturers that sell aircraft carriers like my .223 but none that offer the same performance. My boat will not beat everything on the water in a drag race but I promise you it will not get passed by many and the fit and finish of this boat is second to none.

20. Member
    still waiting to see the interior of the 204

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast