2019 Evinrude G2 150 HO rigging?

Let me say thanks in advance for all the knowledge on this site! I have mostly been a lurker here enjoying reading about engine repair.
    I have made a deal on a 2019 evinrude etec G2 150 ho. I have a 1998 triton tr18 and a fastrike 150. would like to know about the rigging to the old controls as I don't want to spend the big $ for the cable less controls and gauges. I think I have a part #767682 that would do it,but can someone confirm? also, I would like a dealer on here provide me with their best price on this kit? Also a good prop to rig with, now turning a 24 Raker 5400 rpms and 62 mph

Thanks

David
    DAVID HIGHTOWER
    CARTERSVILLE, GA.
    1998 TRITON TR-18
    EVINRUDE G2 150 HO

2. Member
    I repowered last year to an Evinrude 150 HO G2 from a 2004 Johnson 150 on a Stratos 285 ProXL. I had the BRP analog Systemcheck gauge package which I believe you have. You do not need to go all in with the Icon digital gauges. You can go with the universal repower rigging system which will convert the digital signals from the G2 EMM to analog input for your existing gauges. You will get the single engine concealed side mount control with this package. I also bought the i-link (formerly e-link) wireless module to get engine data on my smartphone and iPad. Very handy in my opinion. I went with the Trac midsection since I had a 6” jackplate and hydraulic steering on the existing setup. As for propping the G2, I am running a Tempest+ 25 and a Fury 4 24 at 3 1/8” prop to pad. I previously ran a 24 Raker on the Johnson at 3.25” and could hit 62mph on a good day. I am not there yet with the G2 but I believe I can run it higher than I am given the config of the lower unit. Still experimenting at 70 hours on the motor. You will not be sorry particularly if you get the 10 year warranty.
    https://www.evinrude.com/content/dam...Catalog-En.pdf

And get the digital floor mount hotfoot.

3. Member
    The universal rigging system used to convert your mechanical controls to use with a G2 and the standard digital rigging kit are about the same money. Once you take a look at the costs its really a no brainer to go with the digital setup.

4. Member
    what is the price and do you not need digital gauges if i go all digital?
    DAVID HIGHTOWER
    CARTERSVILLE, GA.
    1998 TRITON TR-18
    EVINRUDE G2 150 HO

5. Member
    Ask the dealer because prices with varying from dealer to dealer and from place to place around the world. By the time you buy the universal rigging kit and the gauge converter kit to use the old style systemcheck gauge you would of spent more than the ICON concealed control kit-basic version. Plus you would want to make sure the old control box and cables are in good working order otherwise more expense there. The ability to turn on/off I-Trim and of a DPS version the ability to change steering assistance with a digital gauge is worth it in my opinion-get the dealer to price up both options because they are the only ones that can give the cost for you to buy in your part of the world.

6. Member
    Fully agree with Huey.
    digital hotfoot is a must too

7. Member
    I repowered my 2000/ 520 225 ficht with the new g2 225 ho. Went full digital . All the way . Dps steering . Icon , new shift controls and bulk head electric foot throttle. Do it . Spend the extra $ . You won’t regret it. I did that plus a atlas hydraulic 4” jack plate. Was 21k$ and change . With 5yr and 2000$ rebate. And rx4 prop with new dual blinker switch’s.like having a new 21’ boat .

8. Member
    When using the converter most of the time you have to replace the control cables anyways because they are too long. The standard digital rigging kit is about $900.

No you do not need digital gauges with the standard rigging package. This package comes standard with the connections needed to hook up your analog gauges. Also if you have a newer Lowrance, Simrad, or Garmin then you can control all of the engines features and get detailed fault code lists through the electronics, or you could even purchase an Evinrude iLink. There are lots of options just have to figure out whats going to work best for how you use the boat.

If you end out without any way to access those features is not the end of the world, you still have a check engine light and the dealer can turn on or off itrim or hotfoot for you with his laptop. If you end up with the hotfoot i would HIGHLY recommend a way to change those settings yourself though.