Tackle Storage Tips- Dropshot, Ned Rig, & Wacky Rig Finesse Tackle Box

Going to do a series of videos on Tackle Storage Tips- this weeks is on storing my dropshot, ned rig, and wacky rig tackle. Check it out and let me know which box you’d like to see next!

2. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbb5011 View Post
    Going to do a series of videos on Tackle Storage Tips- this weeks is on storing my dropshot, ned rig, and wacky rig tackle. Check it out and let me know which box you’d like to see next!

OK.. how do you store your JIGS? I have over 100 jigs and what a PITA to store!!! I am looking for a better way other than a plano box or similar.
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex

3. Member
    This is the most innovative thing I've seen in jig storage. Check out the Gruv jig box. https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Gruv...page-GBJB.html

4. Member
    For jigs, check out the Harbor Freight box that is 5-6" square and about 16" long with movable dividers.

5. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FishinDad View Post
    This is the most innovative thing I've seen in jig storage. Check out the Gruv jig box. https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Gruv...page-GBJB.html

THANKS.... I been checking that out for few weeks. Interesting for sure and I watched the YOU TUBE vids on that box
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex

6. Member
    Sure am glad someone posted a video on this. I had absolutely NO IDEA on how to store these items. At first I was just leaving this stuff in the original bag they came in from the store. Then I realized it took too long to look thru all my bags to find out which bag had dropshot hooks in them. Sometimes I would have to rummage thru more bags just to find some dropshot weights. And don't get me started on finding dropshot baits. Next came my POCKET system where I would put everything in my pockets. Front left pant pocket holds dropshot hooks, front right pant pocket has wacky hooks. I keep my wallet in the left rear pocket so my baits stayed in the right rear. Then I got a fly fishing vest from my wife one xmas, and I was in heaven! Now ALL my hooks and sinkers have their own designated pocket, and my soft plastics go in my pants. Front left gets shad shapes, front right gets robos, back left craws, and back right gets wacky tool and rings. You have got me rethinking my whole process. Thank you.
    Wave Therapy

7. Member
    Thanks for the video and the link.

8. Member
    Anyone try gamakatsu or rapala jig box?
    Where are the BIG ones? When are we going?
    LOOKING for a Great deal on a Slightly used 20-21' Boat.

9. BBC SPONSOR
    Blade coffin from Bass Mafia, works great for Jigs

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokie Pa View Post
    OK.. how do you store your JIGS? I have over 100 jigs and what a PITA to store!!! I am looking for a better way other than a plano box or similar.
    Jigs are tough that's for sure! I'll make a video on what I do this coming week. Not that its the only way but it works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by detroit1 View Post
    Sure am glad someone posted a video on this. I had absolutely NO IDEA on how to store these items. At first I was just leaving this stuff in the original bag they came in from the store. Then I realized it took too long to look thru all my bags to find out which bag had dropshot hooks in them. Sometimes I would have to rummage thru more bags just to find some dropshot weights. And don't get me started on finding dropshot baits. Next came my POCKET system where I would put everything in my pockets. Front left pant pocket holds dropshot hooks, front right pant pocket has wacky hooks. I keep my wallet in the left rear pocket so my baits stayed in the right rear. Then I got a fly fishing vest from my wife one xmas, and I was in heaven! Now ALL my hooks and sinkers have their own designated pocket, and my soft plastics go in my pants. Front left gets shad shapes, front right gets robos, back left craws, and back right gets wacky tool and rings. You have got me rethinking my whole process. Thank you.

____

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex