Dwalt Auger drill

I've got 3 Dewalt 20V batteries and chargers. Wondering if a Dewalt 996 can work with an 8 Strikemaster auger? Probably would not use it once the ice got over 20" thick. At that point the gas auger may be better

What's the torque rating on it? I know people use DeWalts, but I'm not familiar with their model lineups. I turn an 8" Lazer but with a Ridgid Octane Hammer Drill (NOT set on hammer mode). I had over 40 holes through 18-19" of ice on one 9 ah battery and still hadn't killed it. Never tried any more than that to know what the true limit is.

In general I believe you want over 700 inch-lbs of torque.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

I'll be using a 20v Dewalt with a 6" Mora. Not worried about it at all. We're lucky if we get 10-12" of ice anyway.
    Going up to an 8" may up the strain on your drill and reduce battery life considerably.
    In years past, we augered holes by hand, and there is a significant difference between a 6" and 7" in effort needed.

4. Member
    I’ve ran both 8” & 6” on my dewalt. It will run the 8” but you’ll only get about 1/3 of the amount of holes than a 6”. The 6” is way faster too. Make sure you put the plastic auger saver on before you drill!!!!!!
    2020 BassCat Cougar FTD SP
    2020 250 Pro SX
    #Denalirods #Powerpole
    #PowerhouseLithium
    #Powerpole Move

5. Member
    Not sure about dewalt drills but I just bought the conversion kit for my rigid to turn my 7" cabelas brand (eskimo). Took it out today and drilled 18 holes through 7 inches of ice with a 2 amp hr battery and it didn't even phase the battery. Going to buy a bigger battery for it but if you have 3 batteries you should be good.