Thumbs Up Found a good one thanks to JerryT

Footage is kind of old at this point, but just been behind on getting to editing for awhile or even posting about fishing in general. Had a day off at the end of October to go saltwater fishing, but that plan fell through. Rather than go to work, I decided it was time to go try some place new...and I really wanted to go get some beer from Tree House. Found a few ponds that looked good in that area, so reached out to JerryT asking for his input, and he came through with some great information for me. It was a fairly slow day, but still productive enough with a handful total caught.

Ended up catching one good fish to end the day, that should have been a REALLY good fish. Skinniest 5-pound-but-not-5-pounds largie I've ever caught. It had the length, it had the big ol' bucket head, but the poor thing was so incredibly skinny. One of the skinniest bass I've ever caught. Still a great fish though and a great fight. Thanks again Jerry for the guidance, that place looks awesome, looking forward to trying it again next year.

2. Member
    What color Senko did he advise to throw?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FTC View Post
    What color Senko did he advise to throw?
    Pink with purple flake. He came down with one of those 27 gallon totes full of them, think there were 3 of those gallon freezer bags full of just that color alone.

Praise the lord you stunk the place up ... don’t want people knowing what is really in that place lol

Nice video !

5. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I got no sound on that video is it just me...
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    Praise the lord you stunk the place up ... don’t want people knowing what is really in that place lol

Nice video !
    Hey if you ever need someone to show how bad a place can be, just let me know and I'll take care of it.

Nice job Jerry
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

8. Member
    Nice. Used to fish a Mass trolling motor only trail. Lots of good locations in that area.

9. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    You put him on tha she shed jig didn't ya Jerry.... I always wondered why the guys in Maine always wanted to target largies when I was up there....now I know. After being addicted to fishing smallies in Maine I target the HELL outta them down here....I used to fish Guntersville a lot for pitching and flipping Largies outta tha grass.....still do....but lately I've been fishing Nickajack for the smallies.....3 to 1.....Good vid 603 !

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmann7 View Post
    Nice. Used to fish a Mass trolling motor only trail. Lots of good locations in that area.
    First time I've fished down that way, but I'll likely do a little more exploring in that area in 2020. I'll get my Mass license again just so I can fish the cape in early March to extend my season like I did for this year, but would like to take a few more trips down into that area for something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassmeister View Post
    You put him on tha she shed jig didn't ya Jerry.... I always wondered why the guys in Maine always wanted to target largies when I was up there....now I know. After being addicted to fishing smallies in Maine I target the HELL outta them down here....I used to fish Guntersville a lot for pitching and flipping Largies outta tha grass.....still do....but lately I've been fishing Nickajack for the smallies.....3 to 1.....Good vid 603 !
    Thanks! My buddy had a good day with the jig the previous weekend to this fishing trip, so I snagged one of his same color in hopes of replicating his success. Jerry and I have the same love for a good jig bite, so we tackle water pretty similarly.