Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    I think every boat i have seen opens that way.

2. Member
    only time im in there is off the water

3. Member
    Bass Cat has the best design. The rear lid easily slides off the hinge for access in either direction. Simple solution.

Quote Originally Posted by bassm1n View Post
    Bass Cat has the best design. The rear lid easily slides off the hinge for access in either direction. Simple solution.
    You better watch where you are crawling on your knees. Those exposed hinges will make a preacher curse. Their split removable hatch may be better, and help access the bilge. Only having 2 small hinge points is lacking, IMO. They tend to not stay completely tight and move just a bit to make realignment a little problematic when trying to put it back on.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cal z20 View Post
    Have to say BCB has this mastered removable lids. Best/easiest design ever. Makes a world of difference on or off the water working on the bilge.
    I would def agree with this here, but the only thing I hate about it is if you are fishing from the back deck those dam hinges stick up so dam far..
    2019 Phoenix 721 ProXp
    2019-250 H.P. Mercury ProXs 4 Stroke V8 Serial# 2B531797

Quote Originally Posted by Meleagris1 View Post
    Pop the C clips on the pistons and just lay it down.
    Has anyone tried this? I just don't see it happening??

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billwwar View Post
    I would def agree with this here, but the only thing I hate about it is if you are fishing from the back deck those dam hinges stick up so dam far..
    This^^^
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by opaleski View Post
    Has anyone tried this? I just don't see it happening??
    Ive done this with the rod box lids when im cleaning...only thing they will only open up so far cause of the piano hing and if you lean up against it then it can bend or possibly start pulling the screws out.. ...but nothing wrong with doing it....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

9. Member
    My old Bumblebee 2100 rear lids were the best! Each side opened to the side, you could access from the inside the boat, the side of the boat and from the rear. Then the whole back lid opened to the rear, the sides were made with the center section that was all made as one! Great for working in the back.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

10. Member
    About the only time I access the back from in the boat is when I forget to turn the trolling motor batteries on. No big deal. I like it the way it is. Much easier to work on batteries and sump from outside the boat.
    2011 721
    2021 250 Mercury 4S, Fury 24

11. Member
    Injured my shoulder reaching over lid and trying to make sure new batteries were slid toward front.
    But just thought that's how they all are. Not bad when its on trailer, and standing at back of boat on the ground.
    I guess majority of the time you access that area when on the ground(maintenance, battery charge, oil, etc).
    Good luck when in the boat. I like the idea of split opening to the side.

I like the idea of split opening to the side.

Quote Originally Posted by cal z20 View Post
    Have to say BCB has this mastered removable lids. Best/easiest design ever. Makes a world of difference on or off the water working on the bilge.

14. Member
    Pop the c-clips .... Nope
    easy access while on trailer....not with any poles on the back
    open when driving? Use the latch...

Sorry a phx fan, but sucks to work on the bilge area! My last boat opened from the deck and was much better. Bass cat has it dialed, want to look for the hinge to upgrade

15. Member
    I've had my 721 for almost 7 years and this never crossed my mind as a problem. Is it now? Nope.
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Well you better go check.....Skeeter, Bass Cat, Falcon just to name a few.....probably the majority do.....
    I've owned 2 Rangers, a Stratos, Skeeter, Cobra along with my 2 Phoenix. Also rode in different partners Skeeters, Nitros, Rangers, Blazers, Champions, Tritons, etc. All of them had rear hatches that open in the same manner as my Phoenix. Right or wrong, its what the majority do and I always assumed it was done to make it easier to work in the bilge are when the boat was on the trailer or in the shop.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12