New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar

Why do pictures I post come out sideways????

Just wondering why pics I post on some forums come out sideways instead of like they look when I'm picking them???
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

2. Banned
    One of the biggest and most common reasons (there are many) is that most people take pictures with the phone turned sideways (landscape mode). When you look at them on your computer it will automatically make pictures fit the screen for the best view. Thats not so with forums when you upload them to a post on an internet forum. It has no idea what its looking at, all it knows is to get that picture and display it in portrait mode, the same way you really took the pic.

I get many photos for the Boats4Sale section of BBC that are sideways and upside down and I turn them before I list the boats; it's the way the photos were taken with your cell phone.

In can be in the coding of how they are posted and it seems to happen with .jpg files. The best method I have found is to convert them to .png files using “Paint” on microsoft computers. Just open up the jpg file then save it as a .png file. You can resize them too.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

5. Member
    test

Last edited by cevans; 12-21-2019 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Test