Thread: Ordering a 19.5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ordering a 19.5

My partner wants to order a 19.5 after a season and a half in my 205. Looks like I may doing the leg work for him as he is run ragged by his employer 24/7 and doesn't have the time. Any input from you 19.5 owners on things not to forget when putting the build sheet together? I was suggesting the Merc 200, Ghost 24V, 2 Lowrance Elite9s (would like suggestions for the transducers front and back), Hamby's, 2 8ft power poles, Atlas or Bobs hydraulic. If Im forgetting anything a heads up would be appreciated.

2. Member
    Hot foot, pro trim, water pressure gauge, hour meter, Travel cover. These should be a good start.

3. Banned
    Get the stainless fenders on the trailer. They're bolted on, unlike the painted fenders that are welded. Just in case chit happens they're easy to replace.

4. Member
    Wow, would of missed most of that especially the hotfoot, the stainless fenders a definite plus. Thanks.

5. Member
    As far as I know, the hotfoot and water pressure gauge are standard. Instead of the hour meter I'd suggest getting the Lowrance link cable that hooks your Lowrance units to the graphs. It'll give you a bit more information than just the hours.

I just got my 205 about a month ago and I'd definitely suggest an additional aerator and fiberglass rod lockers, they're a lot cleaner and they don't hold moisture like the carpet does in the standard lockers. Another thing is the blinker trim and a hydraulic jackplate. This is my first boat with a hydraulic jackplate and I absolutely love it!

I've never had any experience with a Hamby's but I've had Gator Guards on all of my boats and they stand by their products so I would suggest them for sure!

As far as tranducers goes, I would get an HDI transducer up front on the trolling motor so that you can get standard sonar and down imaging when fishing deep. For the back I had them glass in a thru hull transducer so that I can get depth while I'm on plane and then a 3-in-1 on the transom. This is what I'd recommend for the transducers!

6. Member
    everything mentioned is pretty solid info for sure.....Id take a look at some other guys boats online and see if you notice anything on theres that you would like to have. You going to have the units flush mounted or put on mounts?
    2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

7. Member
    I have a 2018 195. hot foot and travel cover should be standard.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by th365thli View Post
    May I ask what motor your running and if its the Merc 200 4S, what prop?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fuelleak View Post
    May I ask what motor your running and if its the Merc 200 4S, what prop?

Falcon 195 + Suzuki DF200SS
    Ultrex 112
    Helix 10 Mega DI+
    Helix 7 DI
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

10. Member
    I would say, don’t get one. If he doesn’t have time to order one, he won’t have time to use it!
    Pool 10

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mc Gregor View Post
    I would say, don’t get one. If he doesn’t have time to order one, he won’t have time to use it!
    I was thinking it, but since you said it. I have to agree.

+2

I ordered mine in 2018, hot foot standard, but I did not get a travel cover. Also, 195 usually comes with a single axle trailer, suggest you upgrade to tandem, and get a boarding ladder.

Jason Davis, MSgt, USAF, Retired

IF YOUR NOT GETTING HUNG UP, YOUR NOT FISHING WHERE THE FISH ARE!!"

2019 Falcon 195
    2019 Yamaha SHO 200 w 23P Fury
    Helix 9 DI (Bow)
    Helix 9 SI with Mega (Console)
    MK Ultrex 80lb
    NMEA 2k

14. Member
    My partner is a lineman for a power company here in VT. That poor SOB is out tonight trying to get power back to people who have had this rain, freezing rain, sleet, wind and snow and its 27 degrees. He Sometimes works 80hrs straight. He gets carted off as far as Georgia to help with other disasters. Sleep deprivation is what his life is all about. Im just helping him as he need s a new boat as his Stratos is pretty tired. Dont want to make any mistakes, thought Id ask for help.
    Last edited by fuelleak; 12-30-2019 at 06:40 PM.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tritonboy2001 View Post
    I ordered mine in 2018, hot foot standard, but I did not get a travel cover. Also, 195 usually comes with a single axle trailer, suggest you upgrade to tandem, and get a boarding ladder.
    You are correct, the 2018 models don't come with a travel cover standard. However, the Falcon folks said 2019 and after all get a cover from factory. I was fortunate enough to get a cover.

I think most people would want a tandem. Mine came with a single axle, which makes it easier for me actually since I have to back in a tight space.

16. Member
    You are correct, the 2018 models don't come with a travel cover standard. However, the Falcon folks said 2019 and after all get a cover from factory. I was fortunate enough to get a cover.

I think most people would want a tandem. Mine came with a single axle, which makes it easier for me actually since I have to back in a tight space.
    Thanks th365thli, things like covers and the dual axle vs.single are things that I should ask my partner what he may want. Thanks.

17. Member
    Got an idea......have him buy my 2019 F205. It’s got everything he’d want, plus over 8 year engine warranty, and it’s a 20’ model with a 250hp motor! Plus, it’ll cost him less than ordering a new 195 with all this stuff and it’s like new (only around 13 hours).

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1rudebee View Post
    Got an idea......have him buy my 2019 F205. It’s got everything he’d want, plus over 8 year engine warranty, and it’s a 20’ model with a 250hp motor! Plus, it’ll cost him less than ordering a new 195 with all this stuff and it’s like new (only around 13 hours).
    what are you getting next time??
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

19. Member
    Another F205. Debating on getting the hybrid.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1rudebee View Post
    Is yours a dual console? If not can it be turned into a dual? Can you email me some pics? You never know? Actually Im editing this post right now as it being your handle is 1rudebee does that mean you have an Evinrude on it? I know he has his mind set on the new Merc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast