Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Out of to different dealerships that have had service managers with 20yrs experience you would think that out of one of them they could figure out the problem.

2. Member
    I would think this would be a Humminbird thing other than Nitro. I know with my Z19 my guess because of the new NVT hull that could cause the air bubble to change my readings. This is a crazy thing to figure out. I can see with the new hull it is possible that readings will be goof on every run you make.

3. Member
    It must have something to do with the hull design, there’s been 4 different transducers glassed in and even a different head unit replaced and the same results. Would be nice if nitro would look into the problem, it’s a little nerve racking knowing you can’t read depth and having a co angler in the boat with you and the chance you hit sand bar or mud bar not knowing depth without coming off plane to get depth readings to see if the water is going up or down. It all comes down to each other pointing fingers at one another ie and nitro saying it’s there problem but it doesn’t bother them to take money from people.

4. Member
    Did they perform Step 2 testing of the installation instructions before epoxying the transducer in place? Many dealers/installers don't but is the only way to know a good location. There are a lot of variables affecting the performance of the transducers including aerated water and hull thickness.
    Not trying to slam your dealer but unless they have good experience in installing your system on other similar models, location may be different between years and models.
    Is it a flat surface where mounted? If location is angled slightly, it could affect performance. There have been many cases reported where proven installs in one boat model doesn't work in another model. Good luck. Nothing is more frustrating than something brand new not working...LOL

https://www.humminbird.com/support/manuals#transducers
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

5. Member
    They said this was the best location they could find with the highest reading on plane so that’s were it got glued to. They even contracted the factory about location and sent pictures and all the powers to be decided that was the best location. The service manger told me he has be doing this for 20 plus years and he even feels there’s a problem with the way the water is coming off the hull but the factory has his hands tied and the factory makes the decisions, and at this time they feel there’s no more that can be done so basically it’s a learn to live with situation. For me it’s a live and learn and will pass on the information to all future nitro owners be ware.

6. Member
    I would have a problem sometimes with the Procraft that i owned before. Sometimes when i was running it would give me a goofy reading also and that is with a different kind of boat. So i think it has to do with the way the water flows below. In the Procraft i was running lowerance and now with the nitro i am running humminbird so i have the same issue on both. Now in the Procraft it was not as oftenbut still happened and with that being said it was not nearly as fast as this nitro either.

If you are using it for safety reasons by the time you read the shallow water you're already in trouble. Scout first and take your time or trim up and throttle down and hope your insurance company likes you a lot.

If you don't know the water take the time to just map it out and follow a few safe trails on your GPS.

Stuff like this a slight chop on the surface or even water density (cold more sense, warm less dense) can make a difference. Just too many damn variables to add into this equation to make it perfect all the time every time.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish Boy View Post
    If you are using it for safety reasons by the time you read the shallow water you're already in trouble. Scout first and take your time or trim up and throttle down and hope your insurance company likes you a lot.
    This is what I am thinking, the only point of a 1ft depth reading at 60mph is to let you know you have already hit something. You really need a lakemaster map up when running in areas you are not familiar with. OP is this a 2020 Nitro? If so how do you like the Z touch panel? Looks nice, just wondering if its tough to see in bright sunlight.

9. Member
    Would you not expect to lose signal if your hull lifts more above 45 mph, and potentially creates a gap between the hull and the water just under where it is installed?

Same thing for the angle of the puck- as your hull lifts it is no longer completely horizontal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12